6 - Punishment

Hitomi's POV

"There you go." Saitama said as he set me down on my feet. We were back in the city and daylight was still out. Hmm... What can I do to kill some time? Eat? Sleep? Play videogames? Sleep some more?

"Hey, Saitama. I have a question: Are you ever aware of your surroundings when you run?" I asked. "All the time. Why do you ask?" He questioned. "This is why." I said, pulling a squirrel out of my hair.

"Huh? Hehehe... Sorry about that." Saitama apologized as he scratched the back of his bald head. "Let's go to the arcade. I'm bored." I said, tugging on his suit. "No way." He replied. "But I still have tons of energy. Come on, let's do something fun." I whined. 

"Like what?"

Before I could answer, I heard a familiar voice say, "There you are, Hitomi,"

I spotted my mother standing right there with the same warm, yet creepy, smile she had on her face. In other words, that smile says I'm in deep trouble. "Uh? Hi, Ms. Ninamotoe. Nice to see ya." Saitama greeted, waving at her. 

Yes, Ninamotoe is my last name. 

"Saitama," Mom acknowledged before looking at me. "Hitomi, it's time you've come home now, don't you think?" 

"Can't I just stay with Saitama a bit longer?" I requested in a shaky voice. "Now, Hitomi." She commanded with a semi-dark glare. I gulped and gave a slow nod before walking over to her. "See ya later, Hitomi!" Saitama called as he waved. 

I walked home with Mom until we reached the house. Once we were there, I closed the front door. 

"M-Mom... please let me e-explain. I-I didn't mean to disobey you. I just... I just thought if-"

"It's okay, Hitomi. There's no need for you to explain yourself." Mom said as her back faced me. "R-Really? S-So... you're not m-mad?" I asked with a gulp. "Of course not. In fact... I'm beyond that emotion," 

I gasped when I felt electricity get delivered to my stomach. I instantly fell to the floor as my whole body shook from the electricity. I slowly lifted my head to find my mother standing over me with a stun gun in her hand. 

"I'm just very disappointed in you, Hitomi. It looks like I'll have to teach you another lesson. And hopefully, you might learn from this one." I heard Mom say. Those were the last words I heard before I blacked out. 

*****

My head heavily and I felt a little groggy. But that wasn't really my main concern at this moment. What caught my attention was that I was tied to a some kind of post shaped like a cross. I tried breaking free until I realized I was stripped down to my bra and underwear.

"It's about time you've woken up, my darling angel." I heard Mom say as she stood in front of me. I looked at her as she was dressed in a white tank top and short blue jeans that were cut at the thighs.

What got me scared was that there was a coiled up whip in her hand. "Mom? What is this? Where am I? Why am I tied up like this?" I asked, scared. "We're in our basement, honey." Mom answered with a calm smile. "Basement?" I repeated.

This is our basement? It looks more like a torture chamber! I've never been down to the basement before Mom's repeatedly told me not to go down there. But she never told me the reason. Could this be it? I guess so.

"You need a better understanding of following my rules, Hitomi. When I say something, I mean it. I told you to stay away from Saitama and you disobeyed me. Now you're going to see what happens when you disobey Mommy. Now..."

Mom unraveled the whip and smirked a dangerous smirk, making fear radiate through my body. "Let us begin your punishment."

A gasp of pain escaped my throat when I felt the whip hit my skin. I clenched my fists as I waited for the pain to fade. But Mom wasn't going to wait for the pain to fade and whipped me again. This time, a cry of pain escaped my throat.

She whipped me a third time and my mouth opened again to let out a scream of pain. "M-M-Mom... It hurts...!" I said. "I know, my angel. It's supposed to hurt. But just try to endure it a little while longer." Mom said before whipping me again.

I closed my eyes tightly and gritted my teeth, trying to endure as much pain as I can. Every lash Mom delivered was more painful than the last one. I let out a few cries here and there as the whips kept on coming. 

After about ten minutes or so, which felt like an eternity, Mom finally stopped her assault. She panted from her "exercise" while I panted from the pain. My whole body was numb and aching. 

When she had her rest, she walked over to me. "I don't like filthy, cheating, lying little girls, Hitomi, that means you. How would you like to have that beautiful voice of yours ripped out?" Mom threatened. "Ripped out?" I repeated, my voice trembling. 

"Don't worry, honey. Mommy's here." Mom said, kissing my cheek. "D-Does this mean... you f-forgive me?" I asked. My mom smiled at me before slapping me across the face. "How sadly you're mistaken, my angel. Your punishment is far from over. We're just getting started."

*****

After Mom untied me to the cross-like post, I felt to the ground like a limp and lifeless doll. "Get up." Mom ordered, but I stayed where I was, too sore to move. "Get up!" She repeated, kicking my in the stomach. I coughed when her foot hit my stomach. 

"Don't make me say it again, Hitomi." Mom said in a deadly tone. "I... can't... move..." I whispered. "Fine. You wanna continue being a disrespectful bitch? Very well. I know a way to get you to do what I say." Mom said before walking away. 

I closed my eyes as I heard her come back and she stomped on the back of my shoulder, pinning me to the floor. She grabbed a fistful of my hair and yanked my head off the floor before I felt a burning sensation on my back.

I screamed my lungs out as tears ran down my cheeks. "Stop! Stop it! It hurts! Stop! Please!" I begged. "Shh... It's okay, Hitomi. It's almost over. Don't worry. Shh..." Mom said. I closed my eyes tightly as my screams echoed off the basement walls.

Finally, the burning sensation stopped and Mom let go of my hair while taking her foot off my shoulder. I turned my head slightly to see that my mom was holding an iron stamp made for stamping wood. The end was blazing red as words were writing across it, backwards. 

It read 'Mommy's Little Angel' in big capitalized letters. "I've been saving this for a very special occasion. I hope you've learned your lesson, Hitomi. Otherwise, next time, we'll have to repeat this little session of ours." She warned.

Too tired to even argue and exhausted from the pain, I closed my eyes and laid my head down on the dirty floor. I heard the iron rod drop to the floor and Mom's footsteps approaching me. My body was picked up and held against her chest.

"Hitomi, my baby girl. I forgive you." I heard my mother's voice. "No more breaking the rules, okay?" She said. I slowly nodded my head to confirm before falling into a deep sleep.