7 - Fake Smile

Hitomi's POV

The next few days were definitely not normal. Even though Mom had forgiven me, she wouldn't let me go outside. I think that means I'm grounded.

I laid on the couch as I watched some TV. "Hitomi, let's go." Mom said. "Huh?" I sat up and looked at her. "Where are we going?" I asked. "To the supermarket. There's a few things that I need to pick up." She informed. 

'Oh, I see. I'm allowed out of the house, just as long as I'm with her.' I thought. I got off the couch and followed Mom to the supermarket.

Once we got there, Mom had me to stay by her side as she shopped. I stared off into space as she looked at some apples until I heard, "Hitomi!"

I turned my head as I saw Saitama waving at me. I went to go over there and greet him, but Mom grabbed my wrist and prevented me from doing so. "Fancy meeting you guys here. I haven't seen you in a few days, Hitomi. Is everything okay?" Saitama asked. 

"Uh..." I started, but Mom squeezed my wrist, causing me to wince in pain. I think she wants me to lie. "Yeah, everything's fine. I thought I'd just spend some more time with my mother. I haven't hung out with her for a while, y'know?" I said.

I glanced back at my mother as she was eyeing me suspiciously. "Aww. Now that's sweet." Saitama smiled. "We should be going. Goodbye, Saitama." Mom said before tugging me away. When we in another aisle, Mom stopped walking.

"Hitomi, I don't want you anywhere near Saitama or Genos." Mom said. "But why not?" I asked. "Don't ask questions and do as I say, Hitomi." She said. "You're seriously not banning me from seeing my friends, are you? Give me a break." I muttered. 

But Mom heard me and slapped me across the face. I looked at her as I held my cheek and she smiled at me. "You shouldn't talk back to your mother. Now let's go home." She said. "Yes, ma'am." I replied in a mumble.

After the items were paid for, Mom and I went home and I helped her put away the groceries. I looked towards the door as I heard a knock. "I'll get it." I informed, heading towards the door. When I opened the door, my eyes widened. "Kiba?" I said. 

"Hey." He greeted with a grin. I pushed him outside and followed after him before closing the door behind me. "What are you doing here? How did you find me?" I asked. "The scent from your bracelet. You left it back at the restaurant." Kiba explained, handing it to me.

"You didn't have to do that. I could've just made another one," I said, taking the bracelet back and putting around my wrist. "Kiba, you shouldn't be here."

"Why not? What do you mean?" He asked. "It's... kind of hard to explain. But you shouldn't be here. You have to-"

"Hitomi, who is this?"

I quickly turned around as Mom stood behind me, staring at Kiba. "Um... This is Kiba Inzuka. He was just returning my bracelet. I accidentally left it back at the Leaf Village." I explained. "I see..." Mom said, staring at Kiba with a frown.

"Mom, could you please wait inside for me?" I asked. Mom looked at me before giving me a warm, yet deadly smile. "Hitomi, when you're finish with your conversation, we need to have a little talk of our own." She said.

"Yes, ma'am." I replied in a low voice, knowing what she meant. Once Mom closed the door, I turned my attention back towards Kiba. "Is everything okay, Hitomi?" He asked.

"Yeah, everything's fine. Why do you ask?" 

"You just don't seem like yourself today." 

"I'm fine, Ki-"