11 - Tough Love

Kiba's POV

"Ugh.... Huh? What the...?" I sat up to find myself in the training grounds. "What the hell? How did I get here?" I said. "There you are, Kiba. We've been looking everywhere for you." Hinata said as she and Shino walked over to me.

"Were you sleeping out here?" Shino asked. "Uh... yeah. I think so." I answered. But that's just the weird thing. I don't remember falling asleep out here. The last thing I remember was talking to Hitomi and...

Wait... Who's Hitomi? And how do I know that name? "Kurenai-sensei is waiting for us. Let's go." Shino said, leading the way. Hinata and I followed him as I tried to remember who Lily is. "Do you remember anything, boy?" I asked Akamaru.

"Bark!"

"Yeah, me neither. Do you know someone named Hitomi?"

"Bark!"

"Yeah, it is strange. I know that name, but I can't remember their face."

I did my best to try and remember this Hitomi person, but I couldn't. Just what the hell is going on with my memory. 

Hitomi's POV

"Thank you for brining my precious angel back to me, Mumen." Mom thanked. "Anytime, Ms. Marika." Mumen said before riding off. 

"Right back where we started." I mumbled. "Come inside, Hitomi." Mom instructed. I gave a small nod and entered the house. Once I was inside, Mom closed the door and locked it. "Follow me." She ordered. 

I followed her to a door and I immediately recognized it as it was the door to the basement. Mom opened the door and I saw the stairs that led to my doom.

"I want you to go down there, Hitomi." Mom ordered. "Mom..." I looked at her in fear. "Go." She ordered. I shook my head. "I can't." I said, quietly. "Go down there, Hitomi. Now." Mom repeated, her voice more demanding. 

I stared at the basement stairs as I remembered the torture Mom put me through. The more I thought about it, my body began to shake. "No!" I attempted to make a run for it until Mom grabbed my hair.  

"You're not going anywhere this time, Hitomi! I'm not letting you run away again! Now get down there!" Mom yelled before throwing me down the stairs. I hit each step until I landed on the floor as I heard a crack. 

I cried out in pain as my arm broke and clutched it tightly, feeling pain course through my entire body. "There. That wasn't so hard, right?" Mom said as slowly walked down the stairs. In attempt to get away, I painfully began to crawl away from her. 

"Going somewhere, Hitomi?" Mom asked. I cried out in fear when she grabbed my hair and threw me on my back. "Mom... please... Don't do this..." I begged. "Do what, Hitomi? I'm only protecting my beautiful angel." She said, smiling her scary and dangerous smile. 

'This isn't protecting! This is abuse!' I thought, angrily. "You're going to stay down here until you've learned to follow the rules like a good angel." Mom said. "But... that's kidnapping!" I objected.

"Not if it's my own child. Don't worry, sweetie. Mommy will take care of you. Now and forever, until the end of time." Mom said. I lowered my head, my eyes wide with disbelief. 

How did it come to this? Why did it come to this? When did this life get so turned around? Why did this have to happen to me?

"Don't worry, honey. You'll get used to being down here." Mom said, gently petting my head. "That's not what I want!" I slapped her hand away and looked at her with angry tears streaming down my faces. 

"How did we end up like this, Mom? Why have you turned out like this? It's like you're obsessed with me! Why can't we just act like a normal family?!" I yelled at her.

"Oh, but we are a normal family, sweetheart." Mom replied, calmly. "What makes you think this is normal?! There's nothing normal about this! " I said. 

"How... How could you say that? After everything I've done for you... Why would you say something like that?" Mom asked as her hair covered her eyes. "Have I not given you everything you've asked for?!"

I shielded myself the best I could as Mom began to kick and stomp on my body. But it was hard when I had a broken arm.

"I cared for you! Took care of you! Fed you! Gave you a home! I gave you everything you ever asked for! And yet, you continue to act like a disrespectful angel! Why won't you accept my love?! Why won't you remain my angel?!" She yelled. 

Her stomping and kicking got rougher as I felt pain all over. Just when I thought it couldn't get any worse, it did. Mom got on top of me, sat on my stomach, and began punching me in the face repeatedly while ranting about how I'm ungrateful and how I'm not the "angel" I used to be.

After about an hour of nonstop beating, Mom finally stopped her assault. "All right, I've had enough. I'm letting you off easy today. Be lucky, my ungrateful angel." Mom said before walking away. 

I heard her walk up the stairs, turn out the light, then close the basement door behind her, locking it. I was completely surrounded by darkness as everything was quiet. Shakily and painfully, I managed to get on my hands in knees and tried standing to my feet.

When I did, I collapsed back on to the floor. Exhausted, I closed my eyes and tried to get some sleep. The basement floor was freezing cold, so I curled myself up into a ball in order to not freeze to death. 

Somewhere in the middle of the night, I woke up to the feeling of  warmth drape over my body. I opened my eyes and saw my mother walking back up towards the stairs, then closing the basement door, locking it. Mom had draped a blanket over here, probably so her angel wouldn't freeze to death.

At least she's considerate. I wrapped the blanket around me and curled up into a ball once again. "Kiba..." I whispered before falling back asleep.