24 - Marika's Madness

3rd Person's POV

Later that night, Zombieman was doing what he said he was gonna do. He looked up at the residence of where Marika was living and knocked on her door. "It's open." He heard her call from the inside. He twisted the door knob and opened the door, making his way inside.

Zombieman found the young woman sitting at her dining room table with her flip phone in her hand, staring at the screen intently. 'She's staring pretty intently at her phone. She must be waiting for Hitomi to call her.' He thought to himself.

"Miss Marika." Zombieman called, grabbing her attention. She looked up from her phone and saw Zombieman standing there. "Can I help you?" Marika asked. "You seem a bit troubled. Is there something wrong?" Zombieman asked.

"Nothing serious. I'm just waiting for my angel to give me a call." Marika said, but she was unaware that Hitomi's phone was destroyed due to Saitama's inhumanly strength. "Unfortunately, Miss Marika, you won't be able to contact Hitomi. You won't be able to ever again." He said.

Marika frowned, knowing that she was caught and that Zombieman had her figured out with what she's been doing to Hitomi. "Where is she, Zombieman?" Marika looked at him with a deadly glare. "Where is my Hitomi?! What have you done?! Where is she?!" She yelled, furiously.

"What have I done? Look at what you've done! You're the one who's abusing her, Marika!" Zombieman objected, getting straight to the point.

"I'm protecting her! Tell me where my angel is! Give her back to me!"

"Not a chance, lady! You're crazy!"

"Crazy?! You're saying showering my daughter with affectionate and undying love is crazy?!"

"You've been beating her left and right, Marika! And for what? You think that's love? Do you even understand the pain she's in? You should be ashamed! That's no way to take care of a child!"

"You stupid man! You don't know what you're talking about! I know my Hitomi better than anyone in this world! Any mother knows how to take care of their child!"

"Taking care of her? Is that what you're calling it, Marika! You're not taking care of her at all! Instead, you're abusing her!"

"I'm disciplining her!"

"Until she's passed out?! That's abuse!"

"Why, you...!"

"Marika, wake up! If you don't stop abusing Hitomi, you'll end up killing her! Then, you'll lose her for good! Is that what you want? Do you want to lose your daughter?"

Marika paused for a brief moment before lowering her head in shame. Zombieman sighed. "Listen, Marika. I'm not trying to threaten you or anything. But you need to give Hitomi some space. She still loves you, and she still needs her mother, so don't drive her away because of your abuse." Zombieman said.

"You're right." Hitomi said, quietly as her head was still lowered. "I'm glad you understand," Zombieman said, giving a bow. "Enjoy the rest of your evening."

As he was heading towards the door, Marika stood up and picked up the knife that was sitting on the counter as she stalked her way towards Zombieman. Once she was right behind him, she thrusted the knife into the back of his neck.

Zomebieman choked up blood before Marika yanked the knife out, causing blood to spurt everywhere, including on herself. Zombieman fell to the floor as a pool of blood surrounded him. Marika stood over him with the knife dripping with blood.

"You dare you tell me how to take care of my Hitomi? You don't even have a clue. Hitomi is my baby, and I'm not letting you or anyone take her from me. I'm her mother and she needs me... You stupid man." Marika said to the unconscious hero.

She proceeded to stab him a few more times until she was certain he was dead. However, she didn't know that Zombieman was able to heal his wounds. 

Marika grabbed Zombieman's body and dragged him to a nearby dumpster without being seen. Once there, she threw his body into the dumpster.

"You're right about one thing, Zombieman. Hitomi does still need me. That's why I'm going to find her and make sure she stays with me. Forever." Marika smirked before closing the lid.

She returned to her house and cleaned up the mess she made while thinking of a plan to get her daughter back.

About an hour later, Zomebieman regained consciousness and found himself in the dumpster. He climbed out and dusted the trash off his clothes. "That woman is crazy. How does Hitomi put up with her?" Zomebieman mumbled to himself. 

He looked in the direction of Hitomi's house and gave a slight frown. Just the thought of Hitomi putting up with her mother's abuse made him picture Hitomi's face coming up on the news that she died from "unknown" causes. 

"I've gotta tell Genos and Bang about this. Marika's insanity has a hit a whole new level." He said to himself.