9 - Saying Goodbye

I ran until I couldn't run anymore. I fell to my hands and knees and I panted in exhaustion. Once I caught my breath, I stood up and looked around, noticing I had run into the woods. Why did I run into the woods? Why didn't I just run to Saitama's house or someplace with people?

I have no idea what I was thinking while I was running. I jumped, startled, when I heard a crash nearby. "What in the world was that?" I mumbled to myself. I followed the noises of what sounded like intense training until I found a guy and a little piglet.

"Hey, isn't that... Speed-o'-Sound Sonic?" I asked. I thought he was in jail? Did he escape or something? He wasn't dressed in the ninja outfit when we first met, but something entirely different. Then again, taking a better look at it, it wasn't that different from his other outfit. 

"Who's there? I know you're watching me." Sonic said. "Hi." I greeted. "This isn't a place for little girls. Go home." He commanded. "I'm not that little. I'm only 13." I stated, bluntly. "Anyway, what's got the Speed-o'-Sound Sonic way out here?"

"How do you know my name?" Sonic asked. "Duh. Everyone knows who you are, considering how you're a criminal now." I said.

"Is that so?"

"Mm-hm. Would you like to know my name?"

"No, thanks. I'm good."

"My name's Hitomi."

"And you tell me, anyway," He sweat dropped. "You're interrupting my training. Go and play or something."

"Hey, I'm not a little kid, so quit talking to me like one! And also, you don't own this part of the woods. I'm allowed to be here. You're not the boss... of..."

My brain started to spin as my vision got blurry. "What the...?" I closed my eyes and collapsed on the ground. 

Sonic's POV

"Oi! Hitomi!" I quickly caught her as she collapsed. "Hitomi! Hey, what's gotten into you? Hitomi!" I said until I spotted something dark on her neck. "Is that... a bruise?" I mumbled. I shook my head, letting it go for now, and tried to figure out what I should do with her.

"Any ideas, Ino?" I asked the piglet boar that was accompanying me during my training. He only stared at me as he sat down on the grass. "Well, there's nothing much I can do with her, and I can't leave her here in the woods." I said.

I sighed before picking up Hitomi's body and carried her back to my training spot.

Hitomi's POV

I heard small snorting as I started to regain consciousness. I glanced to my right and spotted the little piglet boar as he was sniffing my hair. "Hello" I greeted it. It oinked at me, then ran forward. I sat up and found Sonic under a waterfall as it looked like he was meditating. 

He looked like he was meditating. "Sonic?" I called out to him. He opened his eyes and glanced at me. "How are you feeling?" He asked. "Fine, I guess. But how did I get way out?" I asked. "I carried you here. Right after you passed out." Sonic answered. 

"Ah. Gotcha," I said. "Hey, what are you doing?" 

"I'm training."

"Training?"

"Yes. In order to defeat Saitama, I must become stronger." 

I deadpanned. "This doesn't have anything to do with Saitama "punching" your balls, does it?" 

"It has everything to do with it! Wait, how did you know about that?" 

"I was there. Don't you remember? I watched the whole scene with you and Saitama. Wait a minute. Are you afraid of him?" I asked. "Of course not! I'd never be afraid of someone like him!" Sonic denied. "Right." I mumbled while rolling my eyes.