28 - An Unforgettable Punishment

Hitomi's POV

"If I can't whip the demon out of you, then I'll drown it out!"

"No, please don't do this, Mom! I'll be good! I swear! I'll be goo-!"

I got cut off as my head was shoved into the water-filled bath tub. Desperately, I began thrashing around as I tried to get my head out of the water. But the more I struggled, the longer my mother kept my head down.

In case you guys were unaware where I was at, I am currently  back down in the basement as Mom was, once again, punishing me.

I felt my lungs getting weak as forty-five seconds passed. My vision started getting hazy as I began to see stars. Finally, Mom took my head out of the water. I coughed the water out of my lungs for a short second and Mom shoved my head back into the tub. 

This repeated itself for another ten minutes until Mom finally stopped. She threw me onto the bathroom floor, allowing me to puke up any water that got caught in my lungs. 

"I don't understand... I can't even drown it out... Then, I'll just have to strangling it out of you!"

I gasped as Mom lunged at me and began choking me. She sat on my stomach as her hands wrapped around my neck, and I grabbed onto her wrists, trying to pry her hands off my neck, but to no avail. 

"Give her back! I want my angel back!" Mom yelled. "M-Mom... I can't... b-b-breathe...!" I choked out. She slapped me once, then went back to choking me. "Don't you dare talk back to your mother!" She shouted. 

My eyes rolled to the back of my head as drool ran down the side of my mouth. "That face you're making... You're not my Hitomi!"

Mom let go of my neck and began punching me in the face with both fists. Finally, after what felt like forever, she got tired and got off me while panting slightly. 

I laid there on the floor as I felt pain all over my body, my eyes closed. I heard my mother walk up the basement stairs, then come back a two minutes later. Something clattered to the floor, making me slowly look at it. It was a plate filled with... what is that?

I took a closer look and saw that it was garbage. "I want you to eat it." Mom commanded. I looked at her and weakly shook my head. There was no way I'm eating that. Why does she even want me to eat that, anyway?

As if she was reading my mind, Mom said, "Good angels get a delicious meal. But you're not good anymore, are you, Hitomi? No, of course you're not. From now on, food is a privilege for you now, not a right. So until then, you'll be eating this."

'No way. She can't be serious.' I thought. She kicked the plate of garbage over to me, some of it getting on my face. "Eat it." Mom ordered. The putrid smell got into my nose, causing me to feel nauseous. I looked up at her and shook my head no. 

I refuse to eat that stuff! It smells and looks disgusting! I let out a small cry when Mom grabbed my hair and yanked me to my knees. "I. Said. EAT!"

She grabbed a handful of trash off the plate and shoved it in my mouth. I instantly felt like throwing up as Mom kept taking more and more handfuls of trash and shoving it in my mouth. Reluctantly, I swallowed down the filth.

Mom let go of my hair and I fell on my hands and knees, coughing violently. "You're not my angel anymore. But I'm willing to do whatever it takes to get her back." Mom said. She took the empty plate and went upstairs. 

The next day, I was in complete agony. Not to mention sick to my stomach. I didn't get much sleep last night because I kept getting excruciating stomach pains. Probably due to my mother shoving trash into my mouth and forcing me to eat it.