8 - Agony

Hitomi's POV

My wrists her chained in shackles as I dangled from the ceiling. I was stripped to my bra and underwear once again as the cold air of the basement made my body shiver. Mom, once again, was dressed in a white tank top and short jeans that were cut at the thighs. 

I feel like she wears that so she feels more comfortable when punishing me. My cheek turned red and stung a little when Mom slapped me. "You've been a bad girl, Hitomi!" Mom yelled before slapping my other cheek.

I don't see what I did wrong. All I did was talk to a friend, and he's not even from around here!

"I told you, Mommy doesn't like lying little girls! When will you learn to just do as I say?! Is it so hard to just listen to your mother?!" She yelled before slapping me again. "I'm sorry." I mumbled. "Sorry isn't gonna cut it this time!" Mom shouted. 

"Then, what do you want me to do? Just say the word and I'll do it. Please, I just want to make you happy again." I pleaded. "Really?" She asked, staring at me with an emotionless gaze. "Would you really do anything to make your mother happy, Hitomi?"

"Yes. Anything." I repeated. "Then..." The shackles released my wrists, making me fall to the cold floor. "Prove it to me." Mom said. 

"Prove it to you?" I repeated. "How?"

My Mom was about to answer until we heard the doorbell rang. "Hitomi? Marika? Hello? Anybody home?" I heard Saitama call. "You called him over here, didn't you?" Mom said in a deadly tone as she looked at where the knocking was coming from. 

"What? No! I didn't! I swear!" I said. "Liar!" Mom kicked me in the stomach, making me bend over in pain. "How dare you have the nerve to lie to your mother! Again!" She yelled, grabbing my hair. She yanked my head up so I was looking at her. 

"Do you want me to keep punishing you, Hitomi?! Is that what you want?!" Mom said. I quickly shook my head, but Mom didn't believe me. "I know a way to drown out those lies, Hitomi." Mom said. Still having a hold of my hair, Mom dragged me into another room.

"Mom, please! I promise I won't lie anymore, and I promise I won't see Saitama ever again! Just please don't do this! Let me go!" I begged. "Hello? Hitomi? Is there anybody home?" Saitama continued to call as he rang the doorbell.

I screamed, begged, and thrashed around as Mom continued to drag me towards the bathroom. "You can scream all you want, Hitomi! No one will hear you down here!" Mom said. She threw me onto the floor and I noticed we were in the bathroom.

I looked over at my mother as she ran some water into the bathtub, then towards the open door. I looked at my mother again, then back at the door, realizing this was my chance of escape. 'It's now or never.' I thought. I was about to make a break for the door until...

"Where do you think you're going, Hitomi?!"

I screamed in terror when Mom grabbed my hair and dragged me back inside the bathroom. "Angels aren't supposed... to act like delinquents!" Mom yelled. She shoved my head into the tub of water and held it there. 

A minute and a half passed and I felt like my lungs were about to burst. I desperately tried to pull my head out of the water, but Mom held it there. Just as I was about to pass up, Mom yanked me out of the tub, then shoved it back inside the tub, barely giving me enough time to breathe. 

She repeated this process for awhile until she threw me onto the floor. I coughed and sputtered as I tried to catch my breath. "Don't you have anything to say to your mother, Hitomi?" Mom said. 

'Is she asking for an apology?' I thought. "I'm sorry... Mom. It won't ever... happen... again." I said between coughs. "That's Mommy's baby girl." Mom said with a smile.

(The next day)

It was 1 in the afternoon and I wasn't really feeling my best. Apparently, Mom beat me again this morning. Last night, when I went to bed, I was hugging a picture of me, Saitama, and Genos while I was sleeping.

I needed something to calm myself and hugged the picture to myself definitely helped. But Mom came into my room and... Well, let's just say one thing led to another. 

My whole body was sore and I could barely move; If I made the smallest movement, every muscle in my body would ache. I was laying on the couch, trying to rest from the beating I received earlier. 

I felt nothing but pain. All I could feel was pain. I was in intense agony. "How is Mommy's little angel today, Hitomi?" Mom asked as she walked out in front of me. "I-I'm... f-f-fine." I said, forcing a weak and tired time. "I'm glad to hear that." She said with a grin. "Mom..." I said.

"Yes, my angel?" 

"Could I... go outside and get some fresh air?"

I glanced at her and I noticed she was frowning. "Where exactly do you plan on going, Hitomi?" She asked, her voice deadly. "W-What do you mean? I just wanna go outside and get some fresh air." I said as I sat up.

"You're planning on seeing him, aren't you? Genos and... Saitama." She said. "No, that's not true at all." I insisted. "Lies! I can tell you're lying! That's all I ever hear from you!" Mom yelled. "Ah!" 

She grabbed my hair and threw me on the floor. "It's not a lie, Mom! I swear it's the truth!" I said, quickly standing to my feet. "You lying little girl!"

I gulped as Mom began to approach me, making me take steps back. "Why do you insist on seeing them, Hitomi? What kind of protection can they give you that I can't?" Mom said, looking at me dead in the eye. I couldn't reply as I felt fear take over my body. 

My back pressed against the wall while Mom stood in front of me. "Mom..." I started. "Tell me!"

I gasped when Mom grabbed my throat with her hands and began to choke me. I grunted and placed my hands on her wrists, trying to get her to let go.

"Tell me! Tell me, Hitomi! Why do you keep trying to run from me?! Don't you love me?! Don't you want my protection?! Why must my angel be so difficult to her mother?!" Mom yelled as she continued to choke me. 

"Mom, please... Y-You're... hurting me..." I choked out. "Tell me! Tell me! Tell me!" Mom repeated as she continued to choke me tighter. My eyes rolled to the back of my head while drool ran down my chin as I tried gasp in some air.

"M... om..." I whispered as my hands slipped off her wrists. Mom gasped and quickly let go of my throat. I fell to the ground and began to cough violently while Mom looked at her hands as they shook.

"Oh my god... Hitomi... Hitomi, I'm so sorry. I didn't mean to..." Mom trailed off as she stared at me in shock. I laid there on the floor, trying to catch my breath. Once I did, I quickly ran for the door and sprinted out of the house. 

"Hitomi, get back here right now!" Mom yelled, furiously. There's no way... There's no way I can go back there. I can't keep living like this. I just have to get away.

Away from that place.

Away from this house.

Away from Mom.