25 - Hot Spring Resort

"Wow, this place looks great!" Saitama said, admiring the view of the resort. "It looks okay." I replied, shrugging. Saitama, Genos, and I had just got to the resort and the place was bigger than I thought. 

As we walked inside, I noticed there were many people from the association. Some of them I recognized. But I felt a little uncomfortable because I'm unfamiliar with these people. 

"Hitomi!" I jumped slightly, startled by the sound of my name being called so suddenly. I turned my head and saw that Kiba and his team was here. What in the world? "Hey, it's your boyfriend, Hitomi." Saitama said. "Wait, what was his name again?"

"It's Kiba, and he's not my boyfriend." I said as they made their way over to us. "What are you all doing here?" I asked. 

"We got invited by the Hero Association as thanks for helping out during that alien invasion. Looks like you got invited, too." Kurenai said. "After we got the invitation, we were informed by Kiba's sister that Kiba himself was already here." Shino said, emotionlessly.

"Wait. Kiba, you were already in the city? Why? What for?" I asked with a raised brow. "Well, uh... I think we should talk about this later. In private." Kiba said. "He came here because he was obviously worried about you." Shino stated. 

"Damn it, Shino! Stop talking, and mind your own business!" Kiba shouted at him. "You're the one who's too embarrassed to tell her." Shino mentioned. "I was gonna tell her, but I wanted to tell her in private! Did you miss that part or something?!" Kiba continued to shout.

"I-I'm sure Shino didn't mean anything by it." Hinata said, shyly. "Come on, guys. Cut it out," Kurenai sighed. "Anyway, I see you guys were invited, too." She said, changing the subject. "I wasn't really invited to this place. I was just dragged here against my will." I said.

"Actually, you agreed to come here, Hitomi." Genos stated. I frowned and childishly stuck my tongue out at him. "How are you doing, Hitomi?" Hinata asked. "Pretty good. More or less." I answered with a shrug. 

"Hey, Hitomi. Do they know about the whole abuse thing?" Saitama whispered. "Kind of. Well, just Kiba and Shino." I answered. 

"How did they find out or did you tell them?"

"A little bit of both. Let's not talk about this right now. Come on, let's head to the hot springs." 

*****

I sighed in content while and closed my eyes as I sat in the hot and soothing water. 'This is so relaxing. Saitama and Genos were right. I definitely needed this.' I thought as I felt the stress melting off my body.

I opened my eyes and listened in on the guys' conversation about who did what during the alien invasion. I heard someone say how many monsters they fought and one guy shouted about how he had to miss his sister's recital because of the invasion. 

"Hmph! I could've handled all those aliens on myself, anyway." Tornado said. "Sure you could." I mumbled. "Hitomi, does your mother know you're here?" Kurenai asked. I ignored her question as I sank myself into the water until the water was just beneath my nostrils.

After our baths, Tornado and I got dressed in a pink kimono while the men wore dark blue yukatas. After an announcement was made, everyone began to eat and drink. Everyone except me, anyway.

I didn't feel comfortable sitting next to people I don't personally know. I was sitting between the Child Emperor and Watchdog Man. I'd rather be sitting with Saitama, Genos, or near Kiba's team. Just someone who I know.

After a few drinks, some of the heroes started flexing their muscles. "I guess there's just some heroes who can't hold their alcohol that well." I mumbled with a sweat drop. "Are you enjoying yourself, Hitomi?" Child Emperor asked.