3 - To and From

I woke up the next morning with a stuffed giraffe by my side. When did I get this? Oh, yeah. At the arcade last night when I was with Saitama and Genos. I looked over at the two of them, seeing that they were still asleep on the living room floor.

The three of us stayed out so late and were so tired last night, we were too lazy to head to our rooms, so we crashed on the living room floor. I laughed quietly when I noticed Saitama was sleeping in a pile of store coupons. 

Turns out the arcade we went to last night really were selling store coupons inside a claw machine and Saitama won a whole bunch of them.

I yawned and sat up while rubbing my eyes. "I should go find Mumen Rider to see if he can give me a ride to the Leaf Village so I can go pick up my snacks." I mumbled to myself.

"Ahhh!" I looked over at Saitama as he woke up with a scream. "I WILL NOT PLAY ROCK, PAPER, SCISSORS WITH YOU! YOU'VE GOT A BOOGER ON YOUR FINGER!"

I raised a brow at him before sighing. 'Leave it to Saitama to have another weird-ass dream.' I thought. Wait, didn't he wake up screaming that phrase before? I think he did. "Good morning to you, too, Saitama."  I said, getting up from the futon.

"Where are you going?" Saitama asked as I put on my shoes. "To find Mumen Rider. I need to go back to the Leaf Village for my snacks, remember?" I mentioned.

"Oh, that's right. See you later then." 

"Bye."

I walked out of the house and looked towards the sky with a hand slightly over my eyes to shield out the sun. "Why does the sun have to be so damn bright?" I mumbled. I walked down the street so I could find Mumen Rider. 

It didn't make me long to find him. In fact, he found me. "Ah, good morning, Hitomi." He greeted. "Good morning, Mumen" I greeted back. "Hey, do you think you can take me somewhere today?" 

"Sure. Where to?"

"The Leaf Village."

"The Leaf Village. That's pretty far from here."

"Do you think you can handle it?"

"Of course I can! Hop on!"

I did as he said and sat behind him as we headed to the Leaf Village. "This place sure is different compared to the city." Mumen mentioned. "You can say that again." I mumbled. I looked up at the academy building, realizing we were here. 

I also noticed there were some kids outside the building with their parents. "Wonder what the occasion is?" Mumen said. "Probably people who graduated and became ninjas." I said, hopping off the bike.

"Now that I think about it, didn't you come here yesterday?" Mumen asked. "Yeah, but it was only for a few minutes. Totally boring. It's the reason I left so early." I said as I walked towards the academy entrance. 

I stopped and turned a bit so I was looking at Mumen. "Could you wait out here for me? I shouldn't be long; I'll just be in and out in just a few seconds." I informed. "Sure thing." Mumen replied, giving me a thumbs up. 

I smiled at him and went inside the academy. I looked around the room until I found my snacks that were hidden in the desk (where I left them), then went back to Mumen. As I was walking over to him, I glanced at the Naruto boy as I noticed he was sitting on the swing by himself. 

He looked sad and disappointed as he stared at all the students who did graduate. I sighed to myself. I hate when people are sad. "Mumen, there's one more thing I need to do. Wait here." I instructed before walking over to Naruto.

"Hey," I stood in front of him and he looked up at me. "You look a bit disappointed. Is something wrong." I said. "Huh?" Naruto looked at me as this was the first time I've ever spoken to him. "Oh, it's nothing, really. I'm just a little bummed out." 

"How come?"

"Because I didn't become a ninja like I wanted."

"So, try again."

"What?"

"If you don't achieve something, then try again."

Naruto stared at me, telling me he wasn't really following with what I was saying. "Hmm..." I hummed to myself while placing a finger on my chin. "Okay, what's your dream?" I asked. "My dream?" He repeated. 

"Yeah. What's the one thing you want more than anything?" I asked as I grasped my hands behind my back. "My dream is to become the greatest Hokage so that everyone will stop disrespecting me and start treating me like I'm somebody." Naruto said. 

"Then, hang onto that dream. Because one day, it'll definitely come true. You will become successful. I guarantee it. So, keep your chin up, okay?" I asked with a gentle closed-eye smile. Naruto blinked his blue eyes, then smiled at me.

"Okay. I will. Thanks a lot." He said. "No problem," I said. "Oh, yeah. My name's Hitomi. You?"

"Naruto Uzumaki."

"Naruto, huh? That's a neat name. I'll be sure I'll never forget it."

I held out my hand for him to shake and he did. "Well, see ya around." I said, waving, then walked over to Mumen. "Okay, I'm ready to go." I informed before sitting behind him. 

Mumen rode us back to the city as I held my snacks in my hand. "Hey, Mumen. Aren't I heavy?" I asked. "Not at all." He answered. "Oh, come on. You don't have to lie." I said. "I'm being honest. You're very light." He insisted. 

"Hmm... okay." 

Mumen's never lied to me before, so why would he now?

"Hey, could you drop me off as Saitama's house?" I asked. "You don't want me to drop you off by your house?" Mumen asked. "Not today." I answered. "Hitomi..."

Mumen stopped the bike as someone was in front of him. I looked over his shoulder and spotted my mother standing there with a calm smile on her face. "I've been looking for you everywhere, my little girl." She mentioned.

I stared at her before getting off Mumen's bike. "Thanks for the ride, Mumen." I said, then walked over to my mom.  

When we got home, I stood in front of her as she stared down at me with the same smile plastered on her face. "I've been worrying about you, Hitomi." She said. "I'm sorry. I didn't mean to have you worry." I replied. 

"Hitomi."

"Yes?" 

"Where was Mumen going to take you?" She asked, making my blood run cold. "W-What do you mean?" I asked, trying not to stutter. "I saw you with him. So, where was he taking you, my angel?" She repeated with a calm, yet creepy smile. 

"J-Just to Saitama's place."

"And why would you have a need to go to Saitama's house?"

"I, uh... Well, you see... the thing I... wanted to spend some time with him. He's my best friend and I want us to hang out, y'know?"

"I see. So, Saitama's the reason why I couldn't find my little angel this morning." Mom said with a closed-eye smile. "No... not really." I denied.

"Hitomi, I thought I told you weren't allowed to see Saitama or his cyborg friend? They are a bad influence on my precious angel." Mom said, the scary and calm smile not leaving her face. "That cyborg's name is Genos, Mom. And they're not a bad influence." I objected.

"They're dangerous, and I can't have dangerous people near my angel." She said. 'A bird's gotta leave the nest sometime, right?' I thought. "Um... I'm gonna go wash up." I said, quickly leaving to the bathroom. I glanced back and saw Mom glancing at me with a deadly glare, so I knew that wasn't a good sign.