15 - The Invasion

Hitomi's POV

When we got to the meeting, I stood next to Genos as the rest of the heroes took their seats. "Is this really all the heroes? This meeting must be urgent." I mumbled to myself. I noticed two seats were still empty, letting me know that they were absent.

"Hey, Genos. Could you tell me the names of these heroes so I know who they are?" I requested. Genos obliged with my request and told me all their names and what rank they were.

Just as he was finished telling me the S-Class Heroes' names, Atomic Samurai said, "Any reason why there's a civilian here?" while pointing at me. "It's a long story." Bang said. The director of the Hero Association came in and began explain why the heroes were brought here today. 

Eventually, the heroes started to argue until one of them broke it up. As the director was talking, I decided to talk with Saitama. "Hey, Saitama. When did you get promoted to S-Class?" I whispered. "Actually, I was promoted to B-Class." Saitama said.

"What?! When?! Why didn't you tell me?!" I whispered/yelled. "You never came by the house, so I never got a chance to tell you. Have you been busy or something?" He asked. "Oh... uh, yeah. Something like that." I mumbled.

Afterwards, the Director said that all the heroes should train for the next six months until Saitama said that the invasion the Director was speaking of could happen today or even tomorrow. 

I looked towards ceiling when I felt the building shake. "What was that?" I asked. "The building's under attack!" Genos informed. "By who?" I mumbled. "We should go outside and see what's happening for ourselves." Child Emperor suggested. 

I looked over at Saitama, noticing his seat was empty, then at the ceiling as there was a hole through. "Genos, Saitama's gone." I informed. "What?" He asked, and I pointed to the ceiling. "Wow, that guy moves fast." I said. 

"Hitomi, stay here." Bang said before he and the rest of the heroes left. 

'Like hell I'm gonna sit around and do nothing. So what if I'm still a bit sore? Whatever doesn't kill me just makes me stronger, right? I'm sore today, but I'll be strong tomorrow!' I thought, trying to psych myself up. 

Truth be told, I just wanted to see what was attacking. While the men in black were occupied, I sneaked out of the building and headed outside. There was a huge ship in the sky while monsters and other aliens escaped to attack the heroes.

"Whoa. That thing's huge." I said, referring to the ship. A gasp of surprise escaped my throat when my body was lifted off the ground. "Hey, put me down!" I yelled at a monster. "You look tasty~." It said as it drooled. 

I punch its fist in attempt for it to let me go, but that just made its grip tighten around me. I gritted my teeth and closed my eyes tightly, trying to endure as much pain as I can. 'Shit! This isn't good! He's crushing me! And I can't use my powers when it's hard to breathe!' I thought.

Using the little breath I had in me, I called out his name. "Aku... ma..." 

"You rang?" I opened my right eye and found Akuma hovering over the monster, flapping his bat-like wings. "Hey. Ugly. You have something that belongs to me. Actually, a who." He said, smirking.

Akuma quickly flew past the monster while cutting off its head. The monster loosened its grip on my body, allowing me to slip through its hold. Before I could hit the ground, Akuma caught me bridal style and floated towards the ground. 

"Don't worry, princess. Your knight in shining armor is here to save you." Akuma grinned, cockily. I looked at him with a blunt look on my face.