5 - Kiba's Date

Hitomi's POV

The next morning, I found myself in my bed. Mom must've brought me here after I passed out. I slowly got out of bed and walked to the bathroom to examine my body. My stomach, sides, and back was covered in bruises. But the nastiest bruise I had was near my neck.

I applied some bandages around my torso to my neck, then looked at myself in the mirror. "At least I look decent... Almost decent." I mumbled to myself.

After cleaning myself up a bit, I went downstairs and made my Mom and I some breakfast. As I was flipping the pancakes, a pair of arms wrapped around me as a chin rested on my head, making me flinch.

"Good morning, my sweet angel." Mom greeted. "G-Good morning." I greeted back, trying not to stutter. "How did you sleep?" She asked as I focused on making the pancakes so they wouldn't get burnt. "I-I slept fine, Mom. D-Did you sleep okay?" I asked.

"Yes. I see you're making breakfast. I could've done that." Mom said. "I know... but I decided I wanted to do something for you." I said, trying to keep her happy as I glanced back at her, nervously.

She smiled and gently kissed my head. "I love you, Hitomi." She whispered. "I love you, too." I replied. Once breakfast was made, I set the table. "Thank you for the food." Mom and I said at the same time, and we began to eat. 

It was hard to swallow my food because my throat was hurting so much from when Mom stomped on it last night. I went to take a sip of my orange juice until my phone rang. "Excuse me," I excused myself from the table to answer my phone. "Hello?"

"Hitomi! I need you to come over here right now!" Saitama yelled into the phone. It sounded like he was in a panic. "What is it, Saitama? Did you have another dream about playing rock, paper, scissors with someone who had a booger on their finger?" I asked. 

"Shut up, Hitomi! This is an emergency!"

"What is it?"

"No time to explain! Just get over here! Hurry!"

He quickly hung up the phone and I sighed. How am I going to escape my mother? Maybe I could lie again? No, it won't work. She saw through it yesterday. Maybe I can sneak out.

I put my phone in my pocket and looked at Mom as she was still eating breakfast. "Mom, I'll be back in a little while! There's something I have to do!" I called. I didn't wait for her reply as I was quickly out the door.

I ran all the way to Saitama's place until I got to his door. Once I caught my breath, I knocked on his door. "Saitama? It's me, Hitomi." I called. I gasped when the door suddenly swung open. "Get in here!" Saitama quickly grabbed my arm and pulled me inside his apartment.

"Don't grab me like that," I said, rubbing my arm. "Now, what's the big emergency that you couldn't tell me over the phone?"

"All the towns are quiet!" He said. "Eh?" I raised a brow at him. "I'm sorry, I'm not following."

"Don't you get it?! If I don't fight a bad guy soon, I'll never get any credit! Everyone will see me as a nobody!" Saitama said, panicking. 

"That's the reason why you called me over here?!" I face palmed so hard, I'm pretty sure there was a red mark showing. "Hold on, I thought you just wanted to become a hero for fun? And since when did this popularity stuff become such a big deal to you?" I asked.

"Ever since Genos read the comments." He said. I stared at him with a blank face before asking, "Did you smoke something Genos gave you?"

"Be serious!" He yelled. "Okay, okay. I'm sorry," I said, rolling my eyes. I closed my eyes and hummed to myself as I started to think. "Hmm... Have you tried the Leaf Village?"