Part 22 : What should I do?

"But mom, he loves me" I cried.

"No, I will never accept that guy, Kayla. Hear me carefully. NEVER. As long as I'm still alive. I won't let you"

"Why, mom? He is the one who help me get back my memory" I hissed.

"Silent. Kayla. You have to hear your mom. We always want the best for you. And we know he won't." Now my dad start speaking. And that makes me more hurt. How can they just think that bad about him?

"Mom, Dad, I beg you. I love him. With all my heart. More than everything. In all universe, he is the only one who I love. Not anyone before. And not anyone will ever be. Mom, believe me, he is not whatever you imagine. He is a good guy, mom. Please just believe me this once." I kneel to them crying.

~3 hours earlier

"Honey!! Please come quickly." Mrs Anderson called her husband.

"Yes, what is it that make you scream like that?"

"I found THIS. Look." She handed over a picture of their daughter with some guy. Not usual guy. A middle east guy standing next to her and hug her close. They both laughed. They both looked happy.

"Who..?"

"I don't know. But I think he is the guy who Kayla searched few months ago. I have no idea that he is.. No. She never told me."

He hug her wife, trying to calm her. "Honey, we'd better ask her. Wait until she get home, ok?"

"We'd better be. I will never. Ever give them my approval."

~1 hour earlier

I am so happy to hear Clay will spend his holiday here. 2 weeks. Oh, it is really nice. I missed him so much. Although we talk everyday, but I missed him caling my name. I missed him hugging me. I smile remember I will meet him in 1 week.

I open the door and can't hear any voices there. Not usual. My mom is watcing TV everyday in this hour. Where is she? "Mom?"

No answer.

"Mom, are you home?" I can see her car in garage. She is home. I try to find her in her bedroom. But I don't see anyone there. Something might be wrong.

I decided to change my clothes and find her in backyard. That is the last place she might be in. Just when  open my bedroom door, I can see my parents sitting in my bed. Both of them. Something MUST be wrong.

"Why..?"

"Mind telling us who thus guy is?" My mom said out loud showing me picture of me and Clay just before I come back here. Dammit. They found it. I haven't tell them the truth. And I am not ready to tell them.

"Uhm, mom.."

"Listen, I want you to stay away from this guy. Understand?"

"No, Mom."

"Yes, you will, Kayla."

"No, please mom. Please."

She is still silent. "Mom, please, he is my life." I hold her hand.

"I will never approve, Kayla. You knew it. And yet you didn't tell me anything. If I know where this guy from, I will never let you go find him." She talked while looking away.

"Mom, I also don't know. I mean, I forget anything before the accident. But I fallen for him again, even though I didn't remember him. He is a nice guy mom, believe me."

"This is crazy, Kayla. I will never. As long as I'm still alive, you will never get my approval"

"MOM!"

"See, Kayla, you even yell to your mother just because of that guy. I knew she is right. You were a good girl. Just listen to her" My dad talked.

I only can cry. How come they really think like that. I don't have any idea what makes them racist like that. He is a human also. And he is not different with us.

"Phone. Give it to me. You are not allowed to contact him. Understand?"

Great. Now she takes my phone?

"Do you understand me, Kayla? Answer me!"

"No, Mom. I don't understand. And I won't understand..." And with that, I ran to my bedroom and crying. How can they do this to me? Why they can't understand? We love each other. Just because where he come from, they won't give me approval? How can this happen? I know it will be not really easy for them to understand. But I never think this could happen.

I get my phone and clear all Clay's contact, just after I send all of his contact to my email. I won't risk giving my mom to tell him bad thing. I don't want to make him hurt. It will be better if I clean up all and I still can communicate with him either in my notebook or I will find a way. It will not be that easy to split us. We kind of having eternal love.

~★~