Chapter 2

Chapter 2

Kendall Sparks, Cynthia Donaldson, and Vincent Bloomingdale were in the Donaldson house, waiting for Aaron Donaldson. Vivian had been kidnapped and they were all panicking. Kendall's blue eyes were red-rimmed and splotchy. So were Cynthia's. Vincent sat in silence, trying not to cry himself. They all loved Vivian so much and were worried out of their minds. Aaron bolted in then, followed by his family-to-be Valeria and Skylar Price. Valerie and Aaron seemed worried. Skylar's expression was blank. If she was worried about Vivian, she didn't show it.

"Have you called the police yet?" Aaron asked. They all gathered around the living room.

"Yes, they said wait 48 hours." Cynthia replied. Kendall shook his head angrily at that.

"What if the person kills her first?" Skylar chimed in. Everyone stared at her disapprovingly. They chose to ignore her. Aaron called the France mental institution to inform Landon of his sister's kidnapping. A few minutes later, Jerry Scottsdale, Skylar's friend entered the house. He didn't know what was going on, but he knew it was bad.

"What's happened?" Jerry asked.

"Vivian was kidnapped." Vincent answered him. Jerry immediately turned sympathetic. 

"Probably fell down a well." Skylar rolled her eyes. She thought Vivian ran away and didn't deserve this attention. This statement got an angry reaction from Kendall.

"If you don't care, why are you here?" He growled retracting his fangs out of habit.

Vincent stepped forward. "Ken, calm down." Kendall ran from the room at superhuman speed. Kendall was a half-vampire after all. Vincent hurried after him at an even faster speed.  Vincent was faster because he was a full vampire. Skylar shook her head and rubbed her eyes.

"Did that just happen?" She asked Cynthia.

"Well of course, they're vampires." Skylar shook her head again.

"Mom! Aaron!" She called. Valerie and Aaron hurried into the room. Skylar rushed to meet them.

"Cynthia said Kendall and Vincent are vampires, is that true?" Valerie and Aaron both sighed.

"Yes and Vivian and Cynthia are fairies." Aaron admitted. Before Skylar could accuse them of lying, Cynthia pulled out her wings. They were silver, much like Vivian's. Skylar stared at her. Her mouth hung open.

"Impossible." She whispered. Cynthia pulled her wings back in.

"Vivian is actually one of the strongest fairies out there. Fairies usually have one power. Vivian had three." Vincent said as he and Kendall walked in.

"Remember that next time you have a sarcastic comment." Kendall warned. He was still angry at her for the little regard she paid for Vivian being kidnapped. Skylar ignored him.

"What are Vivian's powers?" Asked an intrigued Jerry. 

"She had mind control, super-speed in flying, and she can heal people." Aaron answered him. Even Skylar was interested.

"What's your power, Cynthia?" Valerie asked.

"I can see the future." She turned to Skylar. "So I'll know if you tell anyone."

"Your secret is safe with us." Jerry reassured them.

"Do vampires have powers?" Skylar asked. She looked at Kendall and Vincent.

"No, they don't." Vincent answered her.

"You were faster than Kendall." She pointed out.

"I'm a full vampire. Kendall is a half-vampire. A half-vampire is half human and half vampire."

"How are they created?" Jerry asked.

"We're not created. We are born from other half-vampires who haven't changed yet." Kendall explained. He had no trouble answering Jerry's questions.

"How do you change?" The room grew silent. No one wanted to tell them the answer. Vincent finally decided to give them an answer.

"This is going to sound horrible, but we become full vampires and immortal by killing fairies. We drink their blood." Jerry, Valerie, and Skylar looked horrified. They were also confused on why they interacted with fairies.

"Have you killed a fairy, Kendall?" Jerry asked. He knew he wouldn't answer to Skylar. 

"No and I won't. I am against the idea." Kendall crossed his arms.

"What would happen if Vivian and Kendall had a baby?" Valerie asked.

Cynthia spoke this time. "No one knows. We assume the baby would be half vampire and half fairy."

"Isn't wrong for a vampire to be with a fairy?" Skylar pushed her blonde hair behind her ear.

"To most people, yes." They heard a knock at the door.

"Open up. It's the police."