Chapter 7

Chapter 7

 I sat on the metal bed. I've been here almost a week and I still haven't figured out how to escape. How long were they going to keep me around before they gave up on me? They knew I wasn't going to kill Kendall. Why didn't they do something already? Rhoda may have brought me books, but the days still took forever. I read through the books as soon as I got them. The more days that past, the more I knew I was running out of time until they gave up on me. Then what? I wasn't going to wait any longer to find out. I had a plan, but I needed the right moment. I closed my eyes and thought about Kendall. His light-brown hair, his caring attitude, how he was protective of the people he loved. When I opened my eyed I saw him. He didn't notice I was there. I focused on the conversation he was having with Vincent.

"You have to go to school tomorrow." Vincent declared. Kendall missed school? Other that the time we ditched, his attendance was nearly perfect.

Kendall's head shot up. "Vincent, please don't make me go."

"I'm sorry, Ken. You have too. You've missed six days. Do you know how many times they have called?" Vincent put his hand on Kendall's shoulder. "I'm sorry. Ken."

"One more day. Please." Kendall pleaded.

"Fine. One more. That's it." Vincent gave in.

"Thank you."

"Do you want to talk about brown eyes?" Vincent asked.

"No." Kendall folded up his laptop and turned for the stairs. 

"Kendall." I whispered. He stopped and turned around.

"Viv, are you really here this time?" He asked.

"No. It's my new power." I informed him. He seemed disappointed. "Why aren't you going to school?"

"I don't want to go without you." He replied.

"You can't miss school." I stated.

"I know. I'll go." I smiled at him.

"Good."

"Can I ask you something?" I met his gaze.

"You can ask me anything." He responded.

"When you were younger, why did you leave your parents?" I remembered what Rhoda said about parents kicking their children out for not becoming full.

"Why?"

"In the place I'm at, there is a girl there who is a half-vampire and she chose not to kill fairies. Her parents kicked her out for that decision." I explained.

"The same thing happened to me." He admitted.

"I'm sorry." I wanted to hug him, but I couldn't. I realized I was fading again.

"I have to go." I stated.

"I love you." He said.

"I love you too."