Chapter 16

Chapter 16

We dropped off Ronald and Lydia and went to Vincent's and Kendall's house. Kingsley wanted to know everything that happened. I told her what I knew, but I didn't know everything. It sounded like Neal and Henry set us up. Also, something happened to Vincent. He was silent the whole car ride. Vincent pulled into the driveway. Leon, Claudia, and Ryan joined us inside. They wanted details too. Leon wanted to know what was in the building, Claudia was concerned about us, and Ryan wanted to know why Neal and Henry were MIA. No one knew though. Everyone said goodbye and left, minus Kingsley. She wanted to stay with us until we were safe. Vincent said she could stay as long as she wanted too.

"Thank you. I'd loved to stay with you to help you and get to know Vee better." She smiled at me.

"That would be cool." I agreed.

"We could have a slumber party." She suggested.

I stared at her with a very serious face. "How do you feel about Gossip Girl?"

"I don't like it." She replied in a grave tone.

"Oh."

"I don't like it." She repeated. "I love it." I smile. This was going to be a lot of fun.

I woke up in the middle of the night. I looked at the clock. It was 3:00 AM. It was chilly, so I wrapped the blankets around me. Footsteps sounded in the hall. I sat up in the bed to see who it was. Kendall peeked into my room.

"Sorry Viv. I didn't mean to wake you." He whispered.

"You didn't. I was already awake." I replied. Kendall sat on the bed. He reached out to touch my arm.

"You're freezing. Do you want another blanket?"

"It's fine." I declined. He climbed next to me and wrapped his arms around me. I snuggled closer to him. We fell asleep.

"Ken, brown eyes, if Cynthia knew I let this happen, we'd all be in trouble." Vincent's voice woke us up. I looked up to see that Kendall was still holding me and I was using him for a pillow. We pulled apart.

"Sorry Vincent." I got out if bed. Kendall followed. Kingsley appeared at the door, just as we were getting out of bed.

"It's moments like these that I'm glad I don't sleep. I get too see you all cuddled up in the middle of the night." She picked up my suitcase and looked through it. She pulled out a red shirt and blue skinny jeans.

"Red goes great with brown hair." She handed me the clothes. I went to the bathroom and changed. Kendall met me outside the door. He examined me.

"Red does look good with brown hair." He took my hand. We went downstairs. Kingsley and Vincent were at the table with two plates of food across from them. I sat down and picked up a fork. Kendall kissed my cheek. Kingsley giggled and Vincent smiled. After we ate, we went to school.

Kingsley was waiting for us when we got home. Apparently, Vincent went grocery shopping. I sat down next to Kingsley.

"I'm really tired of being cooped up all day. Let's go somewhere." Kingsley suggested.

"I need some things from my house." So we walked to Kendall's car and drove to my house. We got there within five minutes. I pulled out my keys and unlocked the door. I went to my room and grabbed some more clothes. I went back downstairs. Kendall and Kingsley were talking.

"That forest behind your house looks amazing." Kingsley stared out the window.

"You want to see it?" I asked. She faced me.

"Absolutely."

I turned to Kendall. "Do you want to come?"

"No. I'll wait here." He replied. Kingsley and I jogged outside. When we got there, she studied me.

"Can you fly for me?" She asked. "I've never seen it done before." I pulled out my wings. They shone in the sunlight. I glanced at the sky. There were rain clouds on the horizon. A storm was coming. I flew around for Kingsley and then we went into the forest. 

"Mind if I check it out?" I shook my head. She took off running, at a speed that was faster than even Vincent. She came to a stop beside me. She wasn't out of breath. Then again, full vampires don't breath. We walked a little farther and sat by a tree. 

"Kingsley, how old are you?" I asked.

"I'm 22. I'm younger than Vincent, but I've been alive much longer." She pulled at a leaf. "I turned into a full vampire in 1564. I'm 472 years old." I tried to hide my shock. That was a lot older than Vincent.

She continued. "I don't even remember the fairy's name. After I changed, I was alone for a while. Then I met Leon. He's older than me. He is 560 years old. We stayed together for a century. We met Claudia and Ryan in 1751. Shortly after they changed."

"That's a long time." I said. I laid my head on her shoulder. We stood and went to the house. I opened the door and held it open for Kingsley. She thanked me and hurried in. I closed the door. Kingsley stopped moving. I was about to ask why, but I saw the reason.

Ronald and Lydia Sparks were in the living room.