Chapter 22

Chapter 22

Kingsley stared at us, waiting for an answer.

"We're trying to be friends." I lied.

She turned to Kendall. "Is this true?" I flinched. Kendall didn't lie and even if he did, he was bad at it. He knew this too. His face paled. Kingsley shrugged.

"Whatever." She went upstairs. Kendall let out a breath.

"That was close." I nodded. We went outside.

"How about we try to get them to ask each other out?" I suggested.

"Sounds good." He checked his phone. "I got to go." 

"Okay, see you later." I went into the house.

Kendall Sparks got into his car. He was supposed to get Vincent to ask out Kingsley. He thought it'd be hard to do, but he couldn't say no to Vivian.  When she asked him for help he couldn't say no, especially when she gave him doe eyes. One of his favorite things about her was her eyes. So he found himself at her house, getting caught by Kingsley and he was about to lie. He couldn't lie. He thought it was wrong and he was really bad at it. But again he'd do anything for Vivian. He started the car and drove away.

The next day I flew to and from school. When I got home, Kingsley was waiting for me.

"What's going on with you and Kendall?" She asked. I sat next to her.

"Nothing. We just hung out for one day as friends. That's all." I lied again.

"Are you sure?"

"Yes. I'm sure." I thought for a second. "What's going on with you and Vincent?"

"Nothing." She stood and went to the kitchen.

"Do you want something to happen?" I asked.

"Maybe." She replied.

"Ask him out." I leaned towards her.

"You really think I should?" She met my gaze.

"Yes."

"Okay." She grinned. "I will." She said she was going for a walk. After she left, I called Kendall.

"Hello." He answered.

"Kendall, Kingsley said she'd ask out-"

"Viv, why don't we talk about this later?"

I was about to ask why, but I heard a voice in the background. Vincent was home.

"Okay. See you in school."

"See you then." We hung up.