Chapter 4

Chapter 4

Kendall Sparks watched the policemen talk to everyone and then they left. He knew they wouldn't find Vivian. This was beyond humans. The people that took her were fairies. There was no way they could do anything about it.  Cynthia and Vincent joined him in the kitchen

"Hey Ken." Vincent smiled at him.

"Hey Vincent." Kendall tried to smile. “What did the police say?"

"Nothing really. Just that they'll look for her and that they need a photo of her." Vincent explained.

"I wish there was more we could do." Cynthia said.

"Me too." Kendall agreed. He got up and went outside. He walked to the forest and sat against a tree. Not long ago, he and Vivian were racing through the forest. He sighed and took in the memory. Her brown hair flew through the air. How her wings looked when she stopped flying. Kendall missed her so much that it hurt to think about her.

I trudged around the room after Henry left. After a while, I sat against the wall. I started thinking about how all this happened. The band room. When I left Kendall for a second, to get a drink of water. The band door being locked. And Kendall. I missed him a lot. So much that it hurt to think about him. But I had to. I missed everything about him. His caring personality. His beautiful blue eyes. His inability to lie to anyone. I leaned back and closed my eyes. I thought of Kendall in every way that I could. How he loves coffee. His favorite color being blue.  I took a deep breath and tried to focus on Kendall. I opened my eyes. I gasped. The room wasn't there anymore. The metal bed, the tiny chair, the massive table, the windowless walls. All gone. I was surrounded by grass and trees. I realized it was the forest behind my house. How was this possible? I must be dreaming. I heard a loud, hard-to-ignore sigh. I looked for the source. The sigh came from Kendall. But that was impossible. Wasn't it? He lay against a tree. I came up behind him. He looked so real. I reached out and touched his shoulder, but my hand went through him. Maybe this was a dream. I gathered up my courage.

"Kendall." His head shot up. He heard me.

"Viv, how is this possible?" He was about to yell for the others.

"Kendall! I'm not here."

"Yes you are." He protested. "I can see you."

I shook my head. "But can you touch me." He reached out to touch my cheek. His fingers went right through me. His eyes widened and he reached out to touch my cheek again. He had the same results.

"Am I dreaming?" He asked.

"If you were dreaming, you could still touch me." He shook his head. He wanted this to be real so badly. I did too. We stared at each other for moment. I suddenly knew how this was possible.

"I think I have a new power." I concluded.

"What do you mean?" He asked.

"I think it's connected to mind control. I'm making myself appear to you." I explained.

"Can you tell me where you are?"

"I'm in a room with no windows. I can't see the outside." I replied.

""Did Neal kidnap you?"

"Yes. Him and Henry." He called Neal and Henry a couple not-to-be-repeated words under his breath.

"It's going to be okay." I reassured him and myself.

"Let's hope so." He absentmindedly reached for my hand, and then pulled back. I realized my body was dimming. Kendall noticed this too.

"We'll find you. I promise." 

"I love you."

I love you too." Then he was gone.