Chapter 25

Chapter 25

Monday came fast. Then Tuesday and Wednesday. Vincent and Kingsley rotated days. Friday was next. The process continued into Saturday. Something happened one day when I was talking to Vincent.

"How's it been with Kingsley?" I asked. 

"Very good, actually. She and I play scrabble together." He smiled.

"Have you done anything romantic?" I felt like Diana. She'd done the same with me and Kendall.

"Nothing really. It's not like I can bring her chocolates." Vincent sighed. We heard a knock at the door.

"Stay here." Vincent ordered. He got up to answer it. A couple minutes later, he came back holding a piece of paper.

"What's that?"

"A note from Henry and Neal. They want to make amends for kidnapping you. They want to meet." He told me.

"Are we going?" 

"No. I am. I don't believe this." He called Kingsley and told her what was going down. They hung up.

"Brown eyes, we're going to bend the rule a little. Go over to my house. Stay with Kendall and Kingsley the whole tome, okay." Vincent said goodbye and left.

Kingsley walked around the Kendall's kitchen. He was outside walking around. He does that a lot, ever since he and Vivian broke up. Kingsley didn't know what to do about it. She was making him lunch. A noise stirred upstairs. She went to see what it was. She stopped in the middle of the stairs. Something was wrong. She could feel it. She sprinted around the house, checking Vincent's room, Kendall's room, the guest room, and the bathroom. No one was there, but it still felt wrong. She scanned the hall once more. Then she heard a swooping sound. She tried to turn around, but something hit her head hard. Kingsley hit the ground. The thing hit her again. She fell unconscious.

Kendall Sparks sat outside his house. He liked to walk around his house a lot. It gave him a chance to think. Mostly about Vivian. It's been a long time since he saw her. Well, not that long, but it felt like a long time. He stood and walked around a bit more. 

"What are you doing out here by yourself?" He heard a voice. He spun around. Lydia and Ronald stood in front of him.

"Go away." He snapped. They didn't move. 

"Kendall, you didn't let us finish our discussion." Lydia moved towards her son.

"I'm not interested in finishing." He said. Ronald stepped forward.

"We want you to become full, Kendall. You can be with us then. Isn't that what you wanted?" Kendall wanted that a long time ago, but not anymore. It's too late now. After everything that happened.

"Not anymore." Kendall responded.

"You can't mean that." Lydia gave her son a hurt look. Even though she didn't care if he meant it or not.

"I do. I'm sorry."

"We want to be a family." Ronald tried again. Kendall's expression didn't change.

"I don't." Kendall replied.

"It would be easy." Lydia protested. "All you have to do is kill Vivian and-"

"You want me to kill Vivian?" Kendall asked.

"You have too." 

"No I don't. I love her. I will always love her. She means everything to me."

"If you don't, we will." Lydia threatened.

"If you touch her, I'll destroy you." Kendall shot back. Ronald moved forward and pushed his son's chest.

"Alright. Show us what a half-vampire can do." Lydia pushed her son down.

"Another fault of being a half-vampire is that you don't stand a chance against a full vampire." She kicked him.

"Stop! I won't fight you." Kendall whimpered. Ronald stepped on his hand, breaking his fingers. Kendall cried out in pain.

"Half-vampires feel too. You're easy to break." Lydia kicked Kendall again.

"We told you that you'd regret this." Kendall had no choice but to try to run. He wouldn't fight his parents. He jumped up and prepared to run. Ronald slammed him down again.

"You can't run." Lydia snapped.

"Please." Kendall begged.

"You made your decision. Now you must pay for it." Ronald told his son.

"Stay still."