Chapter 20

Chapter 20

"You like Vincent?"

"Yes." The weird thing was that my mom does too, or at least did. I couldn't tell her that. She'd probably let my mom have him and I don't know if anything is happening between them. 

"Does he like you?" I asked.

"I'm not sure. Vincent is really good at hiding his feelings." She responded.

"You could ask him." He might say no because he is worried about falling in love with people. I didn't say that to her though. He liked to keep that to himself. Vincent lived forever, so he'd have to watch the people he loved die. Wait a minute, Kingsley is immortal too.

"You should definitely ask him." I beamed. If they fell in love, Vincent would have someone by his side forever. He wouldn't have to be alone.

"Maybe I will." She put a bowl of tuna casserole on the table. "Eat up."

"Thanks." I spooned some on a plate. She talked while I ate.

"What do you want to do tonight?"

"I don't know."

"We can go to this art show?" She suggested.

"Where at?" 

"Here in Manhattan." She grabbed her keys.

"I guess we could go." I gave in.

"Yes!" She whooped. We went to the upper part of Manhattan. She pulled a parking lot of a fancy building. I got out of the car and followed Kingsley. We walked around inside, looking at paintings. Then I saw something out of the corner of my eye and pushed Kingsley behind a sculpture.

"Vee, what the-"

"Shh." I silenced her. After a minute, I turned to her.

"Did you know?"

"Know what?"

"That Kendall was here."

Kendall and Vincent were staring at a painting. Kingsley smiled and stood.

"Vincent! Kendall! Over here!" She called.

"What do you think you're doing?"

"Helping you two get back together." She replied. "Kendall! Vincent!" She shouted again. They walked over to her.

"Where's Viv?" Kendall asked. Kingsley grabbed my hand and pulled me to my feet. I saw Kendall and Vincent right in front of us. "Um, hi." I realized they saw me get up. "I dropped an earring."

"You're not wearing earrings." Vincent pointed out. Awkward silence covered the room.

"So what brings you here?" Kingsley jumped in. 

"Just looking at art. It's funny to see you after I told you we'd be here." Vincent's green eyes narrowed on her.

"What?" I turned to Kingsley. All eyes were in her.

"I was trying to get Ken and Vee back together." She admitted.

"Kingsley, I don't appreciate you going behind my back to do so." Vincent looked annoyed.

"Sorry, Vincent." She pretended to check her watch. "We got to go." It's past Vivian's bedtime."

"Ken's too." Vincent said, checking his watch.

"I don't have a bedtime." I stated.

"Me either." Kendall seemed just as confused as I was. 

"You do now. Let's go Vee." She pushed me towards the door.

 "You too, Ken." Vincent guided Kendall. Kingsley and I went outside. 

  "So, that was fun." Kingsley glared at me. 

"Let's just forget about it."

Kendall Sparks and Vincent Bloomingdale were driving home. They just left Vivian and Kingsley and were silent.

Kendall finally spoke. "Did you enjoy the art?"

"Shut up." Vincent snapped.

"Do you like Kingsley?"

"Maybe." Vincent concentrated on the road.

"What about Cynthia?" Kendall asked.

"She doesn't seem to be interested in me anymore." Vincent replied. He actually might have a chance with Kingsley. She did live forever, right?