Chapter 26

Chapter 26

I flew to Kendall's house. Vincent had gone to see Henry and Neal. They said that they wanted to make amends. I highly doubt that was true. I landed in Kendall's driveway. Something felt off. I heard a bang and ran towards it. Ronald and Lydia stood over Kendall. I gasped. Kendall had a bloody nose and head. They were hurting him. I sprinted over.

"Stop!" I screamed and threw myself between them and him. "Stop!"

"Get out of here." Kendall wheezed.

"Stop. Please." I begged. They studied us.

"If we really want to hurt Kendall, we have to hurt you." Lydia mused. They moved closer to me. Kendall forced himself to get up. He slammed his fist into Ronald's face.

"You won't fight for yourself, but you'll fight for her." Ronald snarled.

"I’d do anything for her. You don't seem to understand that." Kendall pushed me behind him. He was breathing heavily. 

"That's a weakness. We can use her against you." Lydia said. Ronald tackled Kendall and Lydia came after me. Ronald pinned him so he could watch. I looked at Lydia. She was getting closer. I pictured her in fire, like I did to Vincent at the movie theater. Her eyes widened as it spread. Now her body was covered. She screamed. Ronald looked at his wife. Fury appeared behind his eyes. He ran at me. His fist collided with my cheek. I cried out in pain and fell backwards.

"Vivian!" Kendall screamed. My hold on Lydia was gone. She sprinted at Kendall. Something picked up Ronald and threw him at his wife. Not something, but someone. Vincent sprang towards them.

"Vivian, get Kendall out of here." He ordered. I leaped up and sprinted for him. I realized he couldn't move. I pulled him up and took out my wings. I flew us out of there, flapping rapidly. Kendall opened his eyes.

"Viv, the last time you carried me, you passed out." He breathed.

"This is more important. I'll be fine." I kissed his cheek. "I love you."

"I love you too."

I got us to my house. When we got there, I started feeling woozy. I ignored the feeling and healed Kendall's wounds. Finally, he was mostly better. I knew what I had to do.

"I got to help Vincent." I stated.

"How?" Kendall asked.

"The way I saw you when I was kidnapped." I closed my eyes and thought of Lydia. She'd be the weakest link. I thought of her brown hair. Her high cheekbones. How she was willing to kill her son. I opened my eyes and there she was. She was fighting Vincent with Ronald. Vincent was losing.

"Lydia!" I yelled. She turned around. Her expression was confused.

"Did you hear that?" Lydia asked. Ronald shook his head.

"Stay focused." But as he said that, I moved closer to her.

"Lydia! I'm right here!" She saw me this time.

"How'd you get back here?" She growled. 

I smiled. This was going to be fun.