Chapter 24

Chapter 24

After school the next day, I flew home. Kingsley was waiting for me.

"Vee, I'm sorry about last night." She said.

"No, I'm sorry. We shouldn't have done that to you." I hugged her.

"What happened with Kendall?" She asked.

"We broke up for real this time." I turned away. I missed him a lot, but this was for the best. Kingsley fixed dinner.

The weekend came and I slept in later than usual. I was woken up Kingsley.

"Wake up."

"What time is it?" I mumbled.

"11:30." I got out of bed and went downstairs. There were pancakes on the table. I started eating. The doorbell rang and I got up to answer it. Ronald and Lydia entered the house.

"Hello?"

"We heard you and Kendall broke up." Lydia stated.

"This makes us happy, but we want our son to become full." Ronald continued. At the word full, Kingsley hurried into the room.

"What are you doing here?" 

"We want Vivian's help. If she can lead us to this Henry guy, Kendall can kill him and become full. Then your fairy problems are over." Ronald explained.

"Everyone wins." Lydia added.

"Not Kendall. He doesn't want to become full."

"He has to be. He's going to be full whether he likes it or not." Ronald protested.

"I won't help you. I still love Kendall." I said.

"If you don't help us, then you could be the fairy he kills." Lydia warned.

"Get out!" Kingsley snapped. "You won't touch Vivian or Kendall or you'll pay." 

"We'll see about that." Ronald and Lydia left. Kingsley pulled out her phone and dialed. 

"Vincent, we have a problem." She told him about Lydia and Ronald.

"I'll be right there." He hung up. Second later, Vincent opened the door. He and Kingsley started planning.

"We need to stay with both of them." Vincent nodded. 

"We can take turns." They continued planning the details. I looked at both of them. 

"Why do we need all this planning?" I asked. They turned to me.

"Ronald and Lydia are going to change Kendall and they’re going to use you to do it." 

"They said Henry." I pointed out.

"That was a distraction. They got him to taste your blood. They've been planning this for a while." 

"We'll keep you safe." Kingsley said. I was more worried about Kendall than I was myself.

Kendall Sparks was in the kitchen of his house. Vincent had gone over to Vivian's for a reason he didn't know. Vincent said that he'd explain later. Kendall started eating his fish sticks. He still missed Vivian. He still loved her, but they had to stay apart. If it was only that easy. She appeared in Kendall's dreams. Vivian was gone and still with him. Kendall finished his dinner and brought it to the sink. He heard a knock at the door and went to answer it. His parents stood on the other side. 

"Kendall, we need to talk."

After they were done planning, Kingsley and Vincent made it clear I couldn't go anywhere except school and home. Another thing I had to do was stay away from Kendall. The more we were together, the bigger target we became. 

"I'm sorry, brown eyes." Vincent hugged me. 

"It's better that way. We can't be together anyway."

"You don't believe that. Neither does Kendall. Neither do I." He said. We pulled apart. He went over to Kingsley. 

"Should we tell her?'

I moved closer. "Tell me what?"

"We're dating." Kingsley announced.

"I knew this would happen." I grinned. They put their arms around each other. I liked seeing them together, but they made me think of Kendall. They were happy, that's what counts.

"Well I got to get back to Ken." Vincent said goodbye and left.

Kendall Sparks let his parents in. He had no idea what they wanted. They walked into the kitchen and sat around the table. 

"We need to talk." Lydia stated.

"So, talk." Kendall watched them closely. He still didn't trust them. They'd kicked him out when he was thirteen. All because of his choice not to become full.

"You're 16 years old. You'll be 17 soon. If you're not getting a wife, you need to change." 

"So my choices are to have more half-vampires or change?"

"You'll definitely become full. It's just that we'll wait if you want to have children." Lydia looked at him.

"You're choosing this for me. No thanks." Kendall refused.

"You have to become full." Ronald snapped.

"No I don't." Kendall fired back. Vincent walked through the door. He saw Ronald and Lydia in the kitchen.

"Get out." He growled.

"We're talking to our son." Ronald said.

"Not anymore. Leave."

"Not until we're done." Lydia insisted. 

"You should go." Kendall chimed in.

"You're making a mistake." Ronald and Lydia stood.

"No, I don't think I am." Kendall argued.

"You're going to be full whether you like it or not." With that they were gone.