Chapter 17

Chapter 17

"Hello Vivian, Kingsley." Lydia greeted us.

"Hey." We greeted in unison. Kendall moved next to me. "Kendall, what's going on?"

"My parents followed us here." He replied.

"Why?" Kingsley asked.

"I'm not sure. They won't tell me."

Lydia touched Kingsley's arm. "Can I speak with you?" Kingsley reluctantly nodded. They left the room.

"I'll be right back." Kendall went upstairs, leaving me with Ronald.

"So why are you here?" I asked. Ronald moved towards me.

"I'll show you." I gave him a confused look. He lunged for my throat. His fangs bit my neck. I tried to shove him off me, with no success. I didn't know what else to do.

"Kendall!" I screamed. He rushed downstairs. He sprang forward and pushed his dad off me.

"What are you doing?" Kendall growled.

"Taste her." Kendall pushed on him harder. He was really angry now. Ronald wiped his lips and put his fingers in his son's mouth.

"Taste her." He repeated. Kendall's eyes widened. He stood there, frozen. 

Vivian Donaldson watched her boyfriend stare at his father. His face was full of emotions. It was impossible to tell which. He wrenched away from his father. Kendall turned to Vivian. He wasn't thinking clearly. All that was working in his body was his hunger for blood. Vivian, unaware of his emotions, reached out and hugged him.

"We've done this before, remember?" But this time, he didn't hug her back. Half of his body screamed for blood. The other half loved Vivian so much. Then a whiff of the blood from her knock went into his nose. He leaned forward and inserted his fangs into her throat. Vivian was completely taken by surprise. The battle inside Kendall raged on. Finally, his love for Vivian won. He pulled back. He didn't drink any of her blood, but the damage was already done. Kingsley, who saw everything, stomped towards him.

"Get away from her!" She snapped. Vivian stood in shock. Tears rolled down her face. Kendall's heart broke from making the girl he loved cry.

"Viv! I'm sorry. I'm so sorry." He was crying now too. Vivian healed her neck. Kendall tried to reach out and comfort her, but Kingsley stopped him.

"Kendall, stay away from her. I'm sorry, but you can't be around her right now. Not after what you did." She pulled out her cell phone. Vivian ran upstairs, tears pouring down her face. Kendall was still crying too.

"Vincent, we have a problem." Kingsley explained what happened. Vincent said he'd be right over. A few seconds later, he entered the house. When he saw Ronald, fury pulsed through him.

"This is you fault!"

"My son made his own decisions. He lost his fairy on his own terms." Ronald sounded calm.

"You still contributed. In my eyes, you're the one to blame." Vincent snapped.

"Please. This was going to happen anyway. He's a vampire. It's in his nature." Lydia defended her husband.

"You don't know anything about his nature. You've been gone a lot of his life. And even before that you didn't pay attention." Vincent stomped his foot. Kendall watched the scene unfold. He had no idea what to do.

"Get out!" Kendall yelled at them. They started for the door. Lydia stopped.

"Kendall, do you honestly think you can be with her?" 

"If I can't be with her, then I'll be alone." Kendall replied.

"You'll regret that decision." Then they were gone.

"Ken, we should go. Kingsley will stay with brown eyes." Vincent touched his arm.

"I can't leave her." He looked tormented.

"I'm afraid you don't have a choice." Vincent paused.

"You really can't be with Vivian."