Chapter 9

Chapter 9

I opened my eyes and waited for Rhoda to tie up Henry and let me out. A couple minutes later, the door opened.  Rhoda hurried in.

"Vivian, it's now or never." She ran up to me and grabbed my hand. We sprinted out into the hall. We up a flight of stairs. As the stairs ended, Neal appeared out of nowhere. He had a gun in his hand and pulled the trigger. A bullet flew towards us. Rhoda sprang forward to protect me. The bullet hit her in the chest. Another hit her arm. I screamed. 

"Vivian, get out of here!" Rhoda cried.

"Not without you."

"Vivian, go now! Go to Kendall. Be the difference in the world. Make people see vampires and fairies can be together. Make the change." She saw my hesitation. "Go! Now!"

"I'm sorry." I turned and ran. Tears fell down my cheeks. I'd never see Rhoda again.

I busted through the side doors. A few guards tried to stop me, but I made them hear an emergency alarm was going off inside. They thought there was an emergency inside. Which there kind of was. I hurried down the street to find that I had no idea where I was. I ran up to a man and woman on the street.

"Can I borrow your phone? I'm lost." 

"You're Vivian Donaldson. You've been missing for two weeks." The man said. The woman pulled out her phone and handed it to me. 

"Call the police." I nodded and dialed.

"911, what's your emergency?" An operator asked.

"I'm Vivian Donaldson and I don't know where I am." I told them.

"Hold on. We'll come and get you."

When I got home I almost started crying again. The house was empty.

"Hello? Is anybody home?" I called.

"Maybe they're out." The policewomen suggested. I was about to agree, but I heard footsteps upstairs. Then I saw shadows coming downstairs. They were my mom and Kendall. When they saw me they stopped moving.

"Viv!" Kendall ran towards me at human speed and picked me up. I put my arms around his neck.

"I missed you so much." I grinned.

"I missed you too." He held me close. 

The policewoman cleared her throat. "Miss Donaldson, will you explain to me what happened?" I didn't know what to tell her. It's not like I could say that I was kidnapped by fairies and they wanted me to kill my half-vampire boyfriend.

"Vivian has been through a lot. Why don't you come back tomorrow?" My mom suggested. The policewoman shrugged and exited through the door. Kendall put me down and I hugged my mom. Vincent entered the house and took off his jacket.

"Brown eyes, I'm so happy you're safe." He hugged me. We pulled apart and I smiled. I was finally home.