Chapter 14

Chapter 14

The morning came fast. I expected Kendall to wake me up, but Kingsley did.

"Wake up, Vee." 

"Morning Kingsley." I mumbled.

"C'mon, Kendall is in the kitchen." She picked me up with her vampire strength and set me on the ground.

"Do you want me to dress you too?"

"I got it." I picked clothes from my bag. I went to the bathroom and changed. Kingsley waited for me outside the door.

"Let's feed you." She said. "What do you like?"

"Chocolate chip pancakes."  We went downstairs and she hurried into the kitchen. 

Kendall smiled at me. "Morning Viv."

"Morning." I kissed him. Claudia and Ryan joined us. I found out they were married. 

"Hey." I looked up at them.

"Hey Vee." The nickname was catching on fast. They sat across from us. Vincent and Leon came in, having a conversation.

"I think the plan should work." Leon said.

"Yes, it should." Vincent agreed.

"What plan?" Ryan asked. Vincent and Leon gave surprised expressions, as if they just realized we were here.

"How to break into the place where Henry and Neal are." Vincent began to fill us in. We would break into the building, find Henry and Neal, and everything would go from there. I would go to show where the place was, as least what I remembered.

"I'm not sure that's a good idea." Kendall stated. He was trying to protect me. Suddenly, Henry's word played in my head. Your protectiveness weakens both of you.  Kingsley raised her hand.

"I'll keep her safe." She offered. Kendall sighed and nodded. Vincent examined us. 

"Let 's go."

We were going to meet with Kendall's parents before we started going to the place. The group separated into two cars, partially because there was so many of us and partially because Kendall's parents had to keep there distance. One car was for Vincent, Ryan, Kingsley, Claudia, and me. The other was for Kendall, his parents, and Leon. Kendall was about to protest about the groups, but I stopped him.

"We'll be okay. It's only like fifteen minutes." I hugged him.

"I'll keep her safe." Kingsley added. She had become a companion to me, offering to protect me, helping me with whatever I needed. I gave her an appreciative smile. We went to the car and started driving. Vincent asked me for a description. I was about to describe it, but I got an idea. I looked at Vincent and pictured the streets around the building, the outside of the building, and the inside. He nodded.

"Your powers are very useful. Show the others." They looked at me with curiosity. I showed them what I showed Vincent.

"Wow! That's really cool." Kingsley beamed. 

"Spectacular." Claudia agreed.

"Wicked." Ryan chimed in. Kingsley leaned forward.

"Show me more."

"What do you want to see?" I asked.

"Anything." I turned to her. I thought of thousands of butterflies, flying around the car. She grinned and watched them.

"Wow!" She seemed to enjoy my powers, unlike most vampires who think I'm going to destroy them with it.

"Vee, how long have you had these powers?" Ryan asked.

"I've had the mind control since I was twelve and the others are recent."

"That's a lot of power to have. Are Neal and Henry the first people to want you?" Claudia asked.

"No. There was a guy very similar to them; in fact they were helping each other for a while. Then he died."

"How did he die?"

"He was shot." I didn't want to add that my brother shot him. Landon was still at a mental institution in France. I haven't heard from him since he left.

"What was the guy's name?" Kingsley asked.

"Connor Morgenson." I replied. For the next ten minutes they asked fairy questions. We finally pulled up to a brick building. The one were I was held hostage. Everyone filed out of the cars. Kendall started talking to Vincent. Ronald and Lydia watched me closely. They seemed intense. Kingsley came to my side and acted as if she was guarding me, which she kind of was. Claudia stayed near Ryan and Leon joined Vincent. We started for the door. Kendall's hand found mine, as we did. The group split up again. Kingsley, Kendall, and I went downstairs to the basement. Vincent, Claudia, and Ryan went upstairs. And Lydia, Ronald, and Leon stayed on the same floor. Leon wanted to keep and eye on Kendall's parents. Kendall and Kingsley stayed close to me the whole time.

"So what do we do if we find them?" I asked.

"Find a way to trap them and call Vincent." Kendall informed me.

"Sounds good to me." Kingsley scanned the hall in front of us. We walked a little farther and went into a room. I stopped. The large table, the tiny chair, the windowless walls, and the metal bed. Kendall and Kingsley gave me questioning looks.

"This was my jail cell." I told them. They scanned the room.

"It's cramped." Kingsley commented. She touched the table. Kendall ran his hand over the chair. I wandered around the room. When I reached the other side, I almost screamed. Something hit my foot. I looked down and saw Rhoda on the ground. This time I actually screamed. Kingsley and Kendall hurried towards me.

"What's wrong?" They asked in unison. They looked down and stopped moving. I turned away from the body. Kendall wrapped an arm around me.

"Was this Rhoda?" I nodded. Kingsley seemed curious, but stayed silent.

"She helped me escape." I told her. She gave me an apologetic look. I glanced at the wall. It had a note on it. I pointed it out. I've always liked hide and seek. Ready or not, here we come.