Chapter 8

Chapter 8

I opened my eyes to see Rhoda. She had a tray in her hand.

"Vivian, were you sleeping?" She asked.

"Yes." I lied.

"I brought you food." She announced. She sat the tray in front of me. 

"Thank you." I smiled. "Rhoda, how long have you worked for them?"

"You want to escape." She concluded. I nodded. "I'm already one step ahead of you." She left the room.

Kendall Sparks sat in the Donaldson kitchen with Cynthia. They were talking about Vivian.

"You've been seeing Vivian." Cynthia stated.

"Yea, with her new power." 

"I see.” Cynthia mused.

"She already had a lot of power." Kendall said.

"If anyone can handle it, Vivian can." Cynthia smiled at the thought of her daughter. Then a knock came at the door. She went to answer it. Henry Wottsman appeared in front of her. She felt anger ball up inside her. He was the one that did this to Vivian.

"Can I come in, Cynthia?" Henry asked.

"No! You are responsible for what happened to Vivian." Cynthia snapped. Ignoring her, Henry walked in. Kendall saw him and leaped from his chair. He ran at vampire speed, pushing Henry against the wall.

"Why are you here?" Kendall growled. 

"To talk like civil gentlemen." Henry breathed.

"I'm not going to be civil with you."

Cynthia pulled Kendall off him. "Leave Henry. Now!" 

Henry shrugged and sauntered towards the door. 

"You should know; Neal won't let her go until she kills you, Kendall." Henry announced. Kendall looked angry at first then confused.

"You're lying." He accused.

"I'm not, but it doesn't bother me whether you believe me or not."  With that he was went out the door. 

I sat on the bed in the windowless room. My mind kept thinking of how Rhoda said she was already one step ahead of me. Was she planning on escaping?  It's been days since she's said that. The door opened and closed. Rhoda walked in, empty handed.

"Vivian, what powers do you have that can help us escape?" She was straight forward.

"Well, I can heal; fly really fast, control peoples' minds, and one that's connected to the last one. I can make myself appear to people through their mind." I informed her.

"Appear to Henry and distract him. I'll take of Neal." She instructed me.

"Wait, we're doing this now?" 

"Do you want to wait any longer?" I shook my head.

"Let's do this."

Henry Wottsman sat a table in an office. He was drinking a cup of coffee and thinking of his visit with Kendall and Cynthia. They believed him. Neal would be angry that he told them, but he wanted to try his plan out.

"Henry." A girl's voice called.

"What?" He turned around and searched the room. No one was there. He stood and looked around again. He came face to face with Vivian Donaldson. Henry stumbled backwards. 

"How'd you get out?" 

"I'm not out. I developed a new power." She explained.

"This is associated with mind control, isn't it?" He studied her. She was almost like a ghost. She nodded. "You really are amazing."

"Can you do this too?" Henry also had mind control.

"No. This is its own power. Wait until Neal hears this." He turned for the door, but hesitated. In the moment of hesitation, Vivian called in Rhoda. She hit him over the head. Henry fell to the ground unconscious.