Chapter 13

Chapter 13

Kendall's parents would be here soon. Even though Vincent said they could leave, Leon, Kingsley, Claudia, and Ryan stayed.

"We want to protect, Vee." Kingsley stated. The others nodded. There was a knock at the door. Kendall went to get it and I stayed in the background. Kingsley, Leon, Ryan, and Claudia were near me. The Sparkses entered. Their eyes locked on me. They didn't seem happy. Kendall stood between us and them.

"What do you want, Kendall?" Lydia Sparks asked.

"I need your help." Kendall responded.

"For what?" Ronald looked at his son.

"To take down the people who want to hurt Vivian." 

"You want us to help a fairy?" Lydia sneered. Ronald growled.

"I want to keep her safe." Kendall protested.

"What you're doing is despicable." Ronald roared.

"I love her." Kendall fired back. Ronald and Lydia had heard enough. They jumped into action. Lydia picked Kendall up and threw him across the room.

"Kendall!" I tried to go to him, but Claudia pushed me behind her. The others prepared to fight. Their bodies tensed. Ronald was right behind his wife. He tackled Vincent. Lydia went for me. Leon and Kingsley blocked her and kicked her down. Ryan assisted Vincent, pulling him back. Vincent jumped up and punched Ronald. Kendall returned to the middle.

"Enough!" He shouted. Everyone froze and turned to him. "Let's talk this out." Kendall was trying to keep the peace. The non-violent way is the best way. Ronald and Lydia stood by each other. 

"Alright, we'll help you, but only to an extent." Ronald gave in.

"That's all I ask." Kendall breathed.

"When does this happen?" Lydia asked.

"Tomorrow." Vincent answered her. They nodded and ran at vampire speed out of the house. Kendall came to my side. He had a cut on his arm. I reached out and put my hand on it. His arm glowed. The others watched intently. 

"Awesome." Kingsley boomed.

"Agreed." Leon said. Claudia and Ryan nodded. Kendall put his arm around me. Tomorrow was going to be a long day.