Aphrodite

Annabeth's POV

Piper was on edge. The morning of the wedding was here, and Piper was more stressed than ever. The boys got back from their bachelor party an hour late, and that worried the heck out of Hazel and Piper. It didn't worry Annabeth, because she knew Percy well enough to know he would be out much later than planned. Annabeth already slipped on her gown when Percy walked in.

"Percy? Why are you here? You know it is against the rules."

"I just wanted to see my wise girl in makeup... I don't think I've ever seen you wear makeup." Annabeth laughed.

"Piper's siblings made me!" I giggled.

"I was also wondering... when are we planning on... you know... that." Percy blushed, clearly embarrassed.

"Oh... Um... What exactly are you talking about Percy?" What on earth was he saying?

"Oh, don't make me say it! See, Piper and Jason have already done it, but we haven't!" I turned red. Now I knew what he was talking about. I laced my fingers with his, reciting the lines in my head I practiced if this subject ever came up.

"I love you." Wait, what?!? What's wrong with me?!? That was not what I was going to say!!

"I love you too." Percy responded.

"So, whenever you would like." It felt like another person was speaking for me! Percy grinned.

"See you at the wedding Annabeth." Percy left the room, still grinning. Ok, maybe I wasn't the one who said those words, but it felt right. Maybe not what I should have said, but what I wanted to say. I turned around, then jumped at the visitor who appeared in the room.

"Aphrodite." I narrowed my eyes. I hated this goddess almost as much as I hated Hera. Years ago, she promised to make my love life "Interesting" by having me fall in love with Luke Castellan, a boy who picked the wrong side in the war with Kronos. Then Percy came along, and I fell for him too. Then Luke betrayed me, and then told me he loved me when he was dying. Aphrodite was not my favorite goddess.

"Yes my dear! It is me, Aphrodite!" The goddess waved her hands for applause. "Very well than," She said bitterly, "I guess no applause."

"You decided to make my love life 'interesting'! Why would I applaud you?!" I was seeing red. Aphrodite tapped her perfect plump pink lips.

"Well, for starters, I helped you with what to say to mister Jackson over there, I gave you the love of your life, and I'm going to make your love life even more interesting!" Aphrodite squealed.

"That was you?!" I yelled.

"Yes, you're welcome! I put the words right into your mouth kinda like a... hmm, what's the word now? Oh, eilidon!"

"You possessed me?!" I yelled, my vision becoming even more tinted red by the second.

"Yes, and you were happy that I did!" She shrieked excitedly, bearing resemblance to her children. I sighed, knowing she had me there. I was happy that she did, otherwise I would have chickened out and said no.

"Remember Annabeth, I know love better than anyone else, but I also know other emotions that coexist with love. Hatred, happiness, fear, sadness, and greed. I am not as dumb as you think." With that, Aphrodite winked at vanished into thin air, but still leaving the smell of fresh roses in the room.

*****************************************
So excited for the wedding- it will probably be in the next chapter. I love love!

💖💖B3💖💖