The Big Day

Percy's POV

As I squeezed my tux on I glanced over to Frank, who was having trouble with the buttons.

"Nervous Frank? It's not even your wedding!" I laughed. Frank smiled weakly.

"No, it's not that. I... I want to propose to Hazel soon, but I don't know how to or what she will say!" I was taken aback. I didn't know they were this serious.

"Have you talked about it?" I asked. Frank turned red.

"I talked with her about it after the bachelor party... and a few other things..." Frank stated nervously.

"Go on..." I prompted.

"I think Hazel is pregnant!" Frank blurted out. My jaw dropped.

"Frank! You... How...?!" I stammered.

"Look Percy, can we just talk about it after the wedding? I... Don't really know how to handle this now."

"Okay big guy, whatever you say. See you later." I said and walked out of the room. I was surprised. I thought Hazel would be the last to get pregnant, and Piper the first. Guess I was wrong. I walked toward the altar, standing in the position that I rehearsed. I looked over to Jason, who had beads of sweat rolling down his face like raindrops. I hoped the wedding would be short, because I and all the other demigods in the audience were starting to get fidgety. After a few minutes (that felt like hours), music began to play. Annabeth and the other bridesmaids were walking down the aisle, their heels clicking on the ground. But I didn't pay attention to them. All I could stare at was Annabeth. She looked gorgeous in a long purple gown with her hair curled to the sides of her head. I closed my eyes and envisioned her in a white dress, walking down the aisle with a bouquet in her hands and a veil over her face. In the midst of my daydream, I felt a bump.

"Percy! Your turn!" Nico nudged. My eyes flew open.

"Oh...Uh...I hope you marry happy?" I said, completely forgetting what I was supposed to say. A few Ares kids in the audience snickered. Jason didn't notice. He was too busy staring at Piper who was in a tight strapless wedding dress with diamonds laced on the bottom like raindrops. Her hair was down and she wasn't glowing pink, which surprised me. Annabeth said Piper would probably be glowing pink as a blessing of Aphrodite, but Piper wasn't. I looked around. Her mother wasn't in the crowd either. All I saw was Hera, being the goddess of marriage she was here, but she didn't look happy with an enormous scowl. She didn't like children of Zeus. But where was Aphrodite?

*************************************
Wow, a lot went on in that chapter! Sorry to leave you in suspense with Piper's mom and the Hazel pregnancy thing! I'll try to update again tonight to get the story started.

💖💖B3💖💖