24 | Mama and Papa Original (Part 2)

Lyric's POV:

I didn't say a word,as I considered this myself.Celeste had been listening in,or having the vampires.Which I expected.Esther must've known that,too.I wasn't wrong when I had thought that her voice was in my mind.She did some kinda witchy thing.She knew they were listening,and didn't want them to know.I think over her words again.

''You made the wrong decision to come here.You don't know everything that went with Niklaus' betrayl.Do not trust anyone,my child.It isn't safe.Investigate,see for yourself,make it out alive''.

She didn't want them to hear her telling me that I shouldn't trust them.And with the growing doubt I've been having,a huge part of me thinks she was telling the truth.It not being safe? I didn't know everything? I didn't want to trust her,or Celeste.I decided an investigation was exactly what I needed.If there was something,I was going to find it.Whatever I don't know about Klaus' betrayl,I will.But to be able to do it without anyone breathing down my neck,I need to make her believe I don't have a doubt in the world.I have to sell this.I stare Celeste in the eyes,and now that my breathing is normal again,I start,''I have no clue.She was going on about all this weird stuff,and flipped out.She,like,lunged,and grabbed me,and pulled me.I have no clue what was happening.Thanks for coming in.I didn't even have time to react;everything was so quick''.

The lie came from my mouth smoothly,which surprised me.I was a terrible liar.However I was pulling this off,thank God.Celeste seemed to not suspect,and if she did she didn't let on.''You've done good today,Lyric.You should go rest some more,get ready for these next few days.Unless you'd like to stay for the power-intaking ritual?'' I assumed she meant the part about her absorbing Esther's magic.She'd be distracted,along with all the other witches in the place I guessed.A power like this,would probably take juice.And everyone around here who apparently wasn't getting fooled would be busy leaving me a clear shot at my goals.

I shook my head lightheartedly,''I think I'll just go rest,and get some more sleep.I really don't feel well,and I suppose I want to be prepared''.She nods,and after a brief goodbye,I walk back upstairs.On my way towards my room,I pass witches and vampires heading down to the basement.I was right.I acted as I normally did.I walked all the way to my room,and closed the door for show.I sat down on my bed.After about five minutes,I figured it was now or never.Come on,Lyric.

I got up,and quietly opened the door a crack.I peeked into the hallway,looking for any sign or someone.A see a figure start to move,and hastily close the door.I lean my back against it,and cover my mouth to cover the gasp that wants to escape.I count to ten in my head,before turning back around and opener the door a crack again,only a bit wider.No one anymore.A few more inches.I stepped out across the foothold of my room,and saw it was officially clear.I closed my door,in case anyone walked by,and thought of where to go investigate first.

I decided I should try the room that all the spell books,ancient and recent,are kept in.It's where the younger witches learn new spells as well.Only reason I know it,is because Monique has daily lessons like with our training.Only she's advanced,since she's a harvest witch.I walk to it,putting my ear against the wood to try and hear if anyone was in there.I couldn't hear anything,so if there was someone I'd have to clue.I decided to take my chances,planning to claim I was looking for Monique if caught.It was clear,too.No one.Everyone here really was in on this thing,and it seemed as if I was just the fool that got played.Relief washed through my viens,but that didn't stop my heart from slowing down.If anything,it grew faster.Each pump I heard in my ears,loudly.

I closed the door behind me as I walked in.I went to the nearest book shelf,and scanned over different books.What was I even trying to look for? Esther couldn't have been less vague.She just told me to investigate.What am I looking for? This is silly.Maybe I'm just being paranoid.I walked over to the desk where potions sat.There was a book beside all the beaker-like containers that read: