28 | Goodbye Means Forgetting

Lyric's POV:

My mind was pondering over this supernatural mess of a war going on around us.It had just been a few days since Celeste took Monique and skipped out,sparking the inspiration for the red-headed witch and the others to help us.Considering most agreed.Klaus is organizing a meeting with that witch.If,and when he goes,I knew I'd defintely be going too.At least I'd like to.But now,my mind was stuck on the repeated questions:Why the hell was I here? How could I go home? Would I die here?

''You know,giving yourself a head ache won't answer the questions any faster'',Lola's sister Scarlett told me with a smirk as she took a seat across from me,''Besides,thinking over your death,which you can have no idea about,is not going to give any boosts of confident,silly pancake.'' I quicked an eyebrow,frowning.Of course I could recall that she could read minds,I had started to get used to that.It was the fact that she referred to me as 'Silly Pancake' that caused the mentioned confusion.''Don't question the Scarlett-Logic'',Scarlett laughed,watching me with amusement.

''So,what? You're not scared to die? You don't think about it?'' I asked her with curiosity,leaning forward with my chin propped on my fist,my elbow on my knee.

Scarlett sighed,before she shrugged,''No,it's not that.But if I were to die...I could live with it.As long as I go out like I came in;kicking some ass.There's a reason Will sometimes has this weird,unexplainable side pain.The docs try to blame it on some stupid pancreas thing,but I beat him up in the womb.Anyways,after I die,I'll be living the easy life on the beach from the Other Side.''

''Really? Just like that? No final request? A dying wish you'd want carried out?'' I asked,still grasping how she could be so cool about the subject.

Scarlett smiled sincerely in thought,''Yeah,I guess if I had one...At my funeral,I'd either want for Jensen Ackles himself to attend,saying goodbye and proclaiming his love once and for all...'' I chuckled,listening to her continue,''Or for no one to say goodbye to me.I don't want to be told goodbye,because that means forgetting.Like on Peter Pan,you know? Goodbye means going away, and going away means forgetting? Except I shorten it a bit, you know.I'd want my awesomeness to be celebrated.''

''Like on Peter Pan?'' I repeated,laughing at the reference. I think I was gonna like her more than I already thought so.She seemed awesome,indeed.

''You,too'',Scarlett smiled,reading my thoughts once again.

''Let it be said,in Ecclesiastes 3:1-2 : For everything there is a season,and a time for every matter under heaven: a time to be born, and a time to die ; a time to plant, and a time to pluck up what is planted. The losses that we reconginise today died not in vain,but in the plan of God.Though the grief strikes now,these people will never be gone from our hearts and our memories.Would anyone like to speak?'' It was Cami's uncle who spoke to us all.We were outside,the funeral.It was different than my mother's small funeral.

No one nessecarily volunteered.However,a crying Lola stood beside me in the arms of her younger brother,clutching him tight.He too had tears in his eyes.Lola swallowed hard,her tears still runing down her cheeks,''I want someone to speak for Scarlett,but I just---I c-can't.I know Scarlett would want you,too.Would you c-care to sp-peak for her?''

My lips parted slightly.I couldn't say no.I felt eyes bore into me.I nod,breaking my numb state at Lola's heartbroken request.I watched her giving me a small smile,dissappearing as her tears continued to freely flow,before I made my way to the small podium Cami's uncle stood at to place his Bible.He sent me a quick smile,stepping down and aside so I could stand.I turned and faced all the people.My eyes connected to many eyes,some with tears,some burned with anger,some were numb like I had been;stranger's,Caroline's,Matt's,Klaus'.

I found my voice and began speaking,''I didn't know many of the people who we're saying goodbye to.As much as I'd like to speak about them,I can't.But I can say that my condolences go out to everyone.Whether you lost family,or if you lost a friend.However,I feel like I did know Scarlett Isaacs.Like with your loved one or ones,you might not have known her.'' I was not good with words,but for once in my life,I tried to make the best of the words I knew than I ever had before.I had to.For Scarlett,and for the weeping Lola and Will.

I paused taking a deep breath,trying to grab my thoughts that were swirling,''She was someone who could always make me,and people around her smile.One time,before we were very well-aqqainted,we had a conversation.I was thinking about death in general.She was oddly calm,waving it off.I had asked her why,did she not think of it or something? She told me she could accept it as long as she left kicking.She was a fighter,and she did that.She asked that we don't say goodbye to her,because goodbye means forgetting.That instead we remember her.So,no matter who you're here to part with,I think we should follow Scarlett's Peter Pan thinking.Don't say goodbye because they'll be with us,in our hearts and our memories.For them;remember.'' I breath out,finally run out of anything to say.

There wasn't anything left.I walked back to my place beside Lola.As soon as I got there,she pulled me into a hug.She was crying,but she was also chuckling through her tears,as she told me,''Only Scarlett would want a half-way misqouted Peter Pan reference.''

I felt tears of my own slip out,smiling into her shoulder,''Only Scarlett.''

__________________________

A/N:

In all honestly,I'm not that expericenced with funerals.That's only one reason why this is a pretty short chapter.But I mean come on,three chapters in like a 24-hour-span? That's better than usual,aye?

ALSO,because this books is about to come to an end.So,the chapters won't be as long as they had got.For some unknown reason,I had started to be able to write like 4,000 word chapters.When at the beginning of the book,I was lucky to have 400.Times have changed,bro.

Not to mention,the story doesn't all fit together.I know it seriously needs to be heavily EDITED,and I shall do that as soon as I finish this book.Don't worry,I'm aware I used to suck.But hey,on the bright side,I suck less now! Right? ;3 I know.

Please comment what you'd want done at your funeral.

A bit like Scarlett,I'd want Joseph Morgan there to proclaim his tragically-ended love for me.

Since that will never happen,I'll settle for some good music.Preferably Imagine Dragons.And some ''Frozen'',''Supernatural'',and ''The Vampire Diaries'' quotes.Too much to ask? No,no,it's not.

LOVE YA! Byee!

~ SparkleNinja_17