31 | The End?

Lyric's POV:

It's been some months since I left New Orleans.I've been staying at the Salvatore Boarding House with Elena,Jer,and Damon.They compelled me into Mystic Falls High,and Jer and I are graduating in two days.After the battle,and how I contributed,the ancestor witches decided they owed me.So,they all pitched in and voila-we have a spell to send me home--My time of being a Commutavi was served.I altered what I was supposed to--Or rather a posion that I'll have to drink.Bonnie can take care of mixing all the herbs,but we need a witch to perform a ceremony on the posion for it to work.I don't really understand it,but I'm not saying anything.

One thing I did know about the potion though..is after I take it,and after I'm sent home,everyone here will forget me.Something about restoring balance completely,or some blah blah.I'd have my memories from here though.I'd remember everything.I'd remember everything I went through with Klaus...

It wasn't that hard to find another witch.I mean,we're in Mystic Falls for crying out loud! She's a freshman in college,but certainly not a newbie-witch.Her name is Summer,and she's been practicing magic since she found out she had powers.Which was in 8th grade.Her mom had taught her many spells and witchy-stuff.But then she grew up,and moved here from Washington.Bonnie talked to her,and Summer was eager to help a former Bennett witch.

I wanted to say goodbye to Elijah,Kol,Rebekah,Matt,Hayley,Will,Lola,and...Klaus.Those were the only people I haven't spoken to for a while.Time to get out the cell phone! I sigh,as I scroll through my contacts until I find 's number.I press the tiny green call button,and hope for the best.I still don't know whether or not to call Klaus.He probably doesn't even want to talk to me.

***

After saying goodbye to Kol,I had called Rebekah.After explaining,she told me that I better not think about trying to tell her goodbye over the phone.That her,Elijah,Matt,Will,Hayley,and Lola were all flying in for my graduation.They said they would get plane tickets immediately,and that they'd see me in two days.We'll say goodbye in person..because after graduation,we're doing the spell ...and I'll leave...I had asked Rebekah about Klaus.According to her,he has his emotions off right now.She didn't give me details,knowing I wouldn't want them.She had volunteered to ask him,but I told her I'd rather do it.

That brings us to now.

I scroll down to Klaus' name,and click on it.Suddenly my hands are shaking,and I'm nervous.Very nervous.I take in a deep breath,and click the call button.I hear a few rings before I hear Klaus' answer machine.I hear the beep,and decide to leave a message.

''Hey,um,Klaus this is Lyric.I know you're probably wondering why I'm calling you...I'm kind of wondering that myself...And I know that your emotions are off,so you most likely won't care.But here's to nothing? The thing is we found a way to send me home.Got a witch and everything,already.And I'm graduating Mystic High with Jeremy in two days,and we're doing the spell afterwards.The spell will make you all forget me,so I'm saying my goodbyes.I've already spoken with Rebekah,and everyone's flying here to say bye.She wanted to ask you,but I told her I'd rather do it personally.Or as personally as I can over the phone''.

I laugh,and everything is silent for a minute.''I know our goodbye wasn't good.In fact it was worse than not good.I don't want to leave things like that.So,I'm hoping that you come to say goodbye...Well,I guess that's it.And in case you don't come,I just want to tell you that even though things ended badly,I'm going to miss you.I've already been missing you.Goodbye Klaus,and hopefully-see ya soon''.I hang up,and hold the bridge of my nose as I contemplate the message.Maybe he'll come.God,I hope he comes.

*** ~After Graduation~

I stand in my flowy pink dress I bought all those months ago when I first got here.Summer was setting everything up.I'm engulfed in hugs from the TVD gang.I smile and laugh under their embraces.I look to Bonnie and Jeremy,''I love Jonnie,if I never told you.I'm really going to miss you two''.They both smile,as Jeremy wraps his arm around Bonnie's waist and they glance at each other before looking back at me with kind eyes.I hug Caroline next,and laugh into her ear,''You don't even know how much it means to me that I got meet you,Care.You're an amazing friend''.