30 | Goodbye New Orleans

Lyric's POV:

Today was it.We were leaving today.All the TVD gang was set,and I guess I'm going with them.The war is over,me and Klaus are over,what do I have left to stay here? My fight with him was two days ago.I was still so mad.But mostly,I'm hurt.Obviously.I've been staying in Kol's room,since he left.And Lola has been staying in there with me.It makes sense she's trying to be there for me,after I was there for her about the whole Kol thing.

We both need the company.After all,she lost her sister.

But Klaus didn't really cheat on me.I mean he did,but not really.And we weren't even officially back together.I haven't let myself cry like a few weeks ago when I cried because I thought that Klaus considered me a useless human.No,things had changed.I had changed.If he wanted to be alone,that was fine by me.I haven't left this room,though,since I entered it.Which was after the fight.Lola has been bringing me food,but other than that I've just been laying here.Deprssed,angry.A wreck on the inside,a rock on the outside.All my stuff was in Klaus' room,which meant I'll have to go in there.

Lola came in,and sat down on the bed,''You leave in an hour.You should probably start packing.I can go get your-''

''No'',I cut Lola off knowing what she's about to say,''I can do it''.

''Lyric,you really don't want to go in there.Let me go,please'',Lola says,looking down,as she bites her lip.I tapped into my projection power.Her entire aura screamed guilt,and secrecy.She was hiding something,or attempting to.

I sigh,and look her in the eyes,''Tell me,now Lola.We've been through too much.I can handle it''.

''Your stuff is in Klaus' room...and Klaus is in there...'',Lola began,but I already had thought about this,so again I cut her off.

I scoff,''I figured that.But I can face him.I mean,I'm leaving,what's the worst he could do?''

Lola shakes her head,and gives me a pitiful frown,''You didn't let me finish...he's not alone in there''.

My jaw clenched.I didn't need to ask,because I knew.Jennifer.He's sleeping with her,that's what Lola is telling me.I can't believe-well,I don't know why I can't.Of course he would do this,he doesn't love me.He never did.I really was just a toy.I look down at my hands for the longest time,willing myself not to cry.I can't,and I won't.One tear falls down and hits my skin,but that's it.That is all Klaus Mikaelson will ever get out of me again.One tear.That sounds familiar to me...I realize I kind of just used a quote from ''Cry Baby''.I chuckle a bit at this,but still don't feel any better.I look back up,and keep my face blank,''You think I care to walk in on him and his witch-hoe? Screw em' both,I want my clothes!'' I make this sound jokey,and light-hearted to convince Lola I'm alright,even if it's the farthest thing from the truth.

Lola laughed,and smirked,''I've taught you well,Lyr''.Her face softened though,''Are you sure,though,because I really don't mind to go get your stuff?''

''No'',I fake a grin,''I got this.If I need you,I'll holler''.Lola exhales,as she ponders this,before she finally nods in approval.I stand up and wipe my hands on my sweat pants,and walk to the door.I put a hand on the door knob,but before I turn it I look behind me to Lola and dramatically say,''This is it!'' In one swift movement,I open the door.I take a deep breath,and close the door back.I walk slowly towards Klaus' door.As soon as I put my hand on the door,a shiver goes through me.I can't help but recall when I walked in the first time,and caught Jennifer and Klaus.I was so heartbroken.I was so broken in general.I quickly with drawl my hand from the door now.

I don't want to see anything I don't have to.I raise my hand up in a light fist,and move it to knock on the door.But I end up just bringing it to my chest and holding it.God,why am I being such a wimp?! I got this! I'm Lyric Carson! I got transported to TVD! I helped in a magical battle,and won! I have awesome fire-balls like a dragon,because I'm beast! What is wrong with me?