32 | But What Did I Do?

Earlier in New Orleans...

Klaus' POV:

Everyone had left to say goodbye to Lyric hours ago.Her graduation should be in two hours.I currently sat in my office,and my hand hovers over the message machine.I sigh,and bring my hand back to my side.Why should I care about it? My emotions are supposed to be off.Then again,when I'm an original,it's hard to tell when it's on or off.I'm fairly sure I lost my switch centuries ago.I click the replay button,and listen as the machine starts.

''You have four messages'',the robotic voice announces,and I skip to the fourth one.Lyric's message.

I hear Lyric's voice begin over the message,''Hey,um,Klaus this is Lyric.I know you're probably wondering why I'm calling you...I'm kind of wondering that myself...And I know that your emotions are off,so you most likely won't care.But here's to nothing.The thing is we found a way to send me home.Got a witch and everything,already.And I'm graduating Mystic High with Jeremy in two days,and we're doing the spell afterwards.The spell will make you all forget me,so I'm saying my goodbyes.I've already spoken with Rebekah,and everyone's flying here to say bye.She wanted to ask you,but I told her I'd rather do it personally.Or as personally as I can over the phone''.

I hear her laugh,and she pauses for a moment.''I know our goodbye wasn't good.In fact it was worse than not good.I don't want to leave things like that.So,I'm hoping that you come to say goodbye...Well,I guess that's it.And in case you don't come,I just want to tell you that even though things ended badly,I'm going to miss you.I've already been missing you.Goodbye Klaus,and hopefully-see ya soon''.

I breathe out a breath I didn't even know I had been holding.I rub my face in frustration.I start thinking about her again.Her voice keeps playing through my head.Memories and things that I'd rather not be thinking about right now.

''And oh my gosh,your accent! Everyone is in love with your accent! And don't even get me started with your dimples! You have dimples!''

''You know,I know about Mikael.And honestly,I've always wanted to kick his ass through the screen for how he treats you.How he chased you,and made you think you weren't safe.But you're safe now.You're no longer defensless.You have people to help you fight back,you have something to fight back for''.

''Mikael is,well,he's awful.And everything he ever said to put you down was a lie.I mean look at you...you're perfect''.

'' If you're actually being serious,and you mean this--than not to sound like the fangirl I am--but you have to promise there won't be anyone else.If we try this out,it's me and you against the world''.

My own words begin to ring throughout my head.

''The reason why I was so persistant with you not being in volved was because I don't want to lose you''.

''Are you asking me to go steady,sweetheart?''

But with the good memories soon come the bad ones.The ones I don't want to think of even more.

''Klaus,don't push me away! You don't have to be alone right now!''

''Have you ever thought that I want to be alone? I don't need you.I've grown quite bored of you-''

''Klaus,stop it,you're just hurt over Marce-''

''Don't say his name!''

''I'm sorry''.

''So am I.I'm sorry that you actually believed for two seconds that I could actually fall for a pathetic little human.Sorry to break it to you,sweetheart,but you were right when you said you'd never be like Jennifer.Atleast she understands that just because I show you alittle attention,doesn't mean we're soulmates''.

''Go to hell''.

''I've already been,love''.

I groan out in anger.Why had I said that? I throw the phone machine against the wall,and watch as it smashes into pieces.Why am I still here? I don't want to never see her again.I can't let her leave.I want her.I want to be with her.I haven't felt this in almost forever.I haven't loved anyone in almost forever.And I realize,I do love Lyric.With all her weirdness,word vomit,and her constant akwardness.No one so imperfect,as ever been this perfect to me.

I've regretted the things I said that night.I was so far into grieving for Marcel,that I shut her out.I ruined us.And now she's leaving.I have to go.I have to tell her not to leave here.Not to leave me.I still can't bare to lose her.

I call and get a ticket from New Orleans to Mystic Falls.I just hope I won't get there too late.

***

I push through the door to the Salvatore Boarding house.I had already been to the high school,and saw they weren't there.I see that my intrusion has caused everyone to look at me.I look around,scanning through the faces,not finding the one I was seraching for.

''She's gone Nik.She's been gone for five minutes now.You missed her'',My head snaps to the side to see Rebekah,with her arms crossed,wearing a pity-filled expression.

I feel my anger rise,and turn to the Bennett witch,''Then bring her back!''

Boonie pursed her lips,and shook her head,''I can't.The spell would take a long time,and she wanted to go back''.

''You're too late,in a few minutes,we won't even be able to remember her'',Damon scoffed,pouring himself a drink,"You didn't come, it's your own fault you missed her".

''I'm sorry,brother'',the voice belonged to Elijah,causing me to spin around and look to him,''you've lost her''.

I get angry,and begin in a threatening voice,''Bring her bac--''

The atmosphere shifted;everyone in the room shifted.

I closed my mouth.What was I saying? Everyone looked like they'd had the same effect as I,because we all exchanged confused glances.

''Um,is it just me or...like...why is Klaus,Rebekah,Hayley,Elijah,Lola,Matt,and Will here? We left you guys in New Orleans.Is something wrong?'' Caroline was the first to speak,studying us closely.

Lola bit her lip,and shook her head,''Nothing is wrong...I don't remember why we're here...'' She slowly brought her gaze to me,and glared,''But I have this feeling it's your fault''.

''As do I.What'd you do,Niklaus?'' Rebekah was already scolding me,seconding it.

I would have defended myself,except deep down,I felt like whatever was going on...was my fault.

But what did I do?

________________________

A/N:

So,this was it.

The final chapter.

As always, please comment and vote :)

Thank you for reading and all of your support.

- DADDYSLITTLENOBODY (previously SparkleNinja_17)