chapter 7

Algee's pov

I heard a girl scream in the back near the VIP section. I saw Keith roughly snatch her by the neck and slamming her against the wall with one hand and holding a cup in another. I lifted my hands in the air looking around. How am I the only one seeing this?.  I got up rushing towards them. "Keith? Aye Keith man let her go! " I yelled through the loud music. "No man she disrespecting me! " he yelled. I grabbed the cup from his hand tossing it to the nearest garbage. He was drunk, every time he gets drunk he puts his hands on women. "Let me go please.. I don't even know you! " the lady cried. I grabbed Keith tossing him aside. The lady pulled out her phone running towards the other side of the room. I grabbed Keith helping him get to my car. We had to go. That lady is most definitely gonna call the cops.

***

The car ride was silent. Neither one of us said anything since we left Jordan's party. "Aye man look I'm sorry for what happened back there" he said breaking the silence. I shook my head pulling into his driveway. I helped him out the car walking towards the door. His girl came out and held the door open for us to come in. She then burst into tears. "No you got to take me with you please just for tonight! " she said grabbing my arm. I snatched away looking at her crazy. "Why? " I asked. She told me once Keith gets drunk he goes crazy and takes his anger out on her. The way I seen him grab that girl at the party with one hand I don't blame her. I took a deep breath looking at her. I felt bad for her. I don't know what De'arrea  would say if I showed up to our house with this girl trailing behind me. I tried calling Dee but her phone goes straight to voicemail. She can't be sleep,  it's only 10 at night. "Alright you can come stay at my crib just for tonight alright? " I said she cheered running towards the room to get her night bag. "Aye man what the hell?  She not going anywhere! " Keith yelled out. He stood up from the couch almost tipping over and falling on his face trying to come towards me. "Man I can see the hurt in her eyes Keith, you're drunk and you get very abusive towards women. It's only going to be tonight. Until you where off the alcohol " I said. The girl came out walking towards me with a bag. We both made our way out the door. I heard him scream the girl's name telling her to come back but we kept walking we got in the car and my heart started beating real fast. Dee is gonna kill me. "Thank you so much Algee " she said. She knew my name?.

"No problem. But how you know my name? " I asked keeping my eyes on the road.

"Keith told me about you and how of a great friend you are. He's so sweet and caring but once he gets drunk, he turns into a monster. He beats on me for no reason and he don't stop till he falls asleep. It gets worse and i-" she said wiping her eyes. She cut herself off crying into her shirt. I parked in my driveway rubbing her back trying to comfort her. We got out the car heading towards the door. I unlocked it sticking my keys in my pocket. "De'arrea ! " I called out. The girl locked the door and took off her shoes leaving them by the door. I showed her where the guest room were at and everything. I searched the house for Dee and she wasn't here. I kept calling her but still not answering. I stood in the shower rinsing the soap off my body. I heard a loud boom coming from downstairs. I jumped out throwing my sweatpants on and rushed downstairs looking around. I slowly walked towards the kitchen, where the noise was coming from. I walked in side and it was Callie, yeah that's her name I remember Keith telling me things about her. She stood in the kitchen with her towel wrapped around her body looking around . "Hey, " I said. She jumped and turned towards me holding onto her towel. "Oh hey, I was looking for a broom and dustpan cause I dropped my glass bottle" she said. I walked towards my cleaning supplies closet and gave her a vacuum. "You use this to vacuum glass? " she asked looking at me funny. I laughed and nodded. "Yeah all the time, I broke my girl favorite glass cup and used it to vacuum it and it worked. " she chuckled and grabbed the vacuum from me making her way back to the room. She was beautiful, just like De'arrea . I followed her into the room to see if she knew how to work it. She got scared and jumped to the loud noise of the vacuum. I laughed and so did she. I watched her vacuum all the glass. I took it and put it back in the cleaning supply closet. I walked out to the living room and sat down thinking. Where the hell is Dee, it's 11 going on freaking 12. I then started pasting back and forth just thinking about it. She's not answering her phone. I called Janet but she told me she doesn't know where Dee is either and she'll let me know when she know something. I sat on the couch watching TV. 30 minutes later Callie came out sitting next to me. She said she was bored and wanted to join me. I didn't mind. We started talking about random stuff and I told her about De'arrea and how I met her and she did the same about Keith. We ate snacks and laughed here and there. She wiped something off my cheek and dusted off her hands smiling. I smiled back. I then fell asleep on the couch and so did Callie.