chapter 12

***ALGEE POV****

I woke up untangling myself from the sheets and sat up on the edge of the bed stretching. I do the same thing every morning when I wake up which is staring at the walls for about 2 minutes. I don't know why but I be in a daze. After my little daze moment, I reached for my phone and it was 6:43 am. The sky was a dark blue and got lighter by the minute. I got up looking around for Dee because she wasn't in bed when I got up. Maybe she went downstairs to get a snack like always. I went into the bathroom and brushed my teeth and washed my face when all of the sudden I heard laughter coming from down stairs. After spitting out the listerine, I jogged down stairs following their voices. There stood Dee, janet and Jacob. They had there luggage packed. I forgot that they was leaving today. "Oohh look who done got up! " janet said. I smiled while walking towards De'arrea and sitting on her lap. She kissed my back wrapping her arms around my stomach. "Thanks girl for inviting me over. Let's do the same next month and this time we can actually spend more time together like the old days" janet said to Dee. She shoved me off her lap heading towards janet they hugged and did they best friend handshake. I walked over to her kissing her forehead while pulling her into a hug. "I'ma miss you shorty" I said kissing her forehead multiple times. Jacob gave me a slight stare. Did he forget that this was my cousin?. It ain't like um kissing her lips. I always give her kisses on her forehead before she go. She hugged me tightly before walking back to Jacob. "Alright bro" I said holding my hand out for Jacob to shake. He looked at my hand, then back at me. "Yeah.. " he said walking towards the door. I looked back at Dee with my hand still outward and she shrugged her shoulder. They both left out the door heading to their taxi. "Ugh.. " Dee sigh. She flopped on the couch throwing her head back. She do this every time janet leaves her. I sat next to her kissing her cheek then her forehead. "Ima go back to bed. " I said. She jumped off the couch following me up the stairs and into the room. I laid in bed closing my eyes. My eyes opened when I felt her head laying on my chest.

*******

I left the kitchen holding 2 bags of party size chips and drinks. It was 8:45 in the morning when Dee woke me up for some chips. I laid them out on the bed as she continued to stare at her phone. I climbed in bed reaching for her waist pulling her close to me. "Stop " she whispered as I kissed on her neck. "Can you give me those Algee? " she asked referring to the chips. I pushed them aside and yanked her body on top of mine. It's been a while since I held her in this position. She kept resisting my kisses. "We're finally alone" I whispered to her. She rolled her eyes giving me a small smile.
***