Chapter 24

"So you must be Dede" he said putting his bags aside and looked at me from head to toe. "Uh no. I'm de'arrea. " I said while tightening my towel around me. He nodded and gave me a wink. I rolled my eyes and walked back to the bathroom putting on my sleepwear and started brushing my hair. I don't feel comfortable living with two guys. Especially with him. Dude just look like he's onto something.

After putting on my pajamas, I walked out the bathroom heading to the couch. "I'm Michael by the way" he blurted out. I looked over at him as he came downstairs in just a towel. His body was dripping. I could smell his body wash from way across the living room. "I didn't ask but okay". I said. He chuckled before walking towards me. He sat next me and I sat up. "Look I ain't mean to make you feel uncomfortable. " he said
I didn't say anything, I just kept my eyes on the tv screen.

"If you want, I can go back home. I only came here to spend time with my best friend Keith But I can go" he continued. I turned my head towards him. In my mind I wanted him to just get the fuck  out of here. But my heart felt like it would be wrong. " no it's okay. I'm fine with you here I guess." I said. He put his hand in my shoulder and smiled. I snatched away and chuckled.  " you might wanna go dry off. You're wetting the chair."  He got up and headed back upstairs. Now I gotta get out of here. I don't know. But he's giving me bad vibes. Keith didn't tell me where to sleep so I ended up falling asleep on the couch. I was trying to wait till Keith get home cause I kind of miss him. Crazy as it sounds but my eyes kept closing. Micheal was sleep for sure cause I can hear his snores from way down here. It's not loud but if you turn the tv to a complete silence you can hear his snores that sort of sound like a whistle if you know what I mean. At this point I couldn't stay up so My body came to a complete shut down.

**
"Hey Dee?. Dee? You sleep?" A voice called out. I assumed it was micheal for a second. My eyes was still close as I nodded to the question he asked.
I then felt my body lifted up high like I've been captured and carried off by a bear. A hairless skinny one. As I was laid down on a cold soft Cotten bed. my eyes fluttered open to the room light. "Keith?" I said as I rolled over to see him in the closet searching for something to wear. I felt my arms, it was full of goosebumps from this cold house. I felt like a frog that's suffering from the chicken pox's. "Wassup? I see you're awake now" he said rushing towards the bathroom. I nodded and sat up in bed.

"Did you meet micheal?"

"Ugh. Yeah how old is that guy anyway?"

"I don't know I lost count" he said I chucked a little.

"Oh"

"Why you say it like that? That nigga didn't try you?"

"No he didn't try me but. I don't know I just feel like At this point I don't even know."

He sat next to me searching through his dresser which was a lot closer to his bed.

"Mh. Get some rest iight ? I'll talk to you tomorrow beautiful " he said. Before going back to the bathroom to shower. I nodded my head and laid back down wrapping the sheets around my body. 40 minutes later I felt the bed being shaken and the sheets being pulled. I figured it was Keith. He snores too. Well that's great. Now I got to hear to guys snore. Micheal snores have gotten a little louder I'm guessing were right next door to him. Sounds like he's right in the room with me and Keith. Keith sound like a sick elderly patient in pain when he snores. Somehow I can still sleep through their snores. Algee never snores.

ALGEE POV
I sat across from my mom and her associates as we talked about responsibilities and maturity. I don't know how I ended up here. I remember my mom saying some workers were coming over and told me to let them in the house and once I let them in they began gossiping about how handsome I was then they began giving me a lecture about maturity and all that other shit. I wasn't listening, I was too zoned out thinking about my baby momma de'arrea and where could she possibly be at right now. Mom don't know how to keep her damn mouth shut. Told all her associates about me being a father to two babies that's not even here yet by two different females. Never felt embarrassed in my life. I didn't want to seem desperate, but I want to try to find dee so we can talk. I want to be there when she goes to doctors appointments and stuff. And be there to find out the gender and be there when my baby's born. I know I broke her heart when she found out I had another female pregnant but damn I made a mistake and I learned my lesson. I contacted people she knew, like her family members or friends that she introduced me to before. None of them know where she might be. "Algee!" Mom yelled. I zoned out of my thoughts and saw that everybody was staring at me. "Yeah?" I answered. "Are you okay?" She asked. I nodded. "Well I guess it's time for me to hit the road." One of them say. The others got up too, they gave my mom a see you later hug before leaving. Mom smiled hard waving goodbye from the door, but as soon as she shut the door and locked it, she turned around and her smile turned into an angry face. "What the hell is wrong with you boy?!" She yelled

"What? I didn't do anything?" I answered

"They were talking to you and you sat there staring at the damn ceiling as if the ceiling was talking to you. That's rude Algee! I bragged about how intelligent and how good and respectful you were and they wanted to meet you and now that I gave them the chance too, you decided to do this. How embarrassing!"  She yelled.
"Well that's what you get for bragging about the things you know aren't true about me ma ! I didn't even want to come over here in the first place. She dusted off her shirt and walked off. I watched her leave the living room and slouched over the couch. "When I come back, I want you gone. And don't ever bring yo ungrateful black ass over here" she said slamming the door behind her. Sounding like a child. I'm not finna hear that. I don't know why I feel like I'm pushing people away. I feel alone. I lost so many important people in my life. My cousin Janet is in jail, who knows when she's getting out, de'arrea. The love of my life, not only did she walked out of my life, she took my unborn child with her and now my mom. That's great. I got up and grabbed my keys and made my out the house. Guess I'm better off alone.
*******