The last chapter

Algee

After 6 hours of circling the neighborhood, I finally found out where dee was living. I sat in the parking lot for about thirty minutes. I wiped my face and took two deep breaths before getting out the car. Just as I was about to knock on the door, Dee and Keith walked outside... hand in hand. My eyes was stuck on her. Her eyes widen and she snatched away from Keith. We just stood and stared at each other for 12 seconds. I can see her pregnant belly as she tried covering it with her cute outfit. She had a tear come down her left eye as she ran and wrapped her arms around my neck and I did the same but wrapping my arms around her waist lifting her off the ground.

"I missed you so much" she whispered. I can't believe she said that. I thought she hated me.

"I missed you too" I said. Keith then grabbed her pulling her back to his side.

"How you get here?" He asked. I pointed to my car. That was a dumb question.

"I came here to pick up de'arrea"

"For What Algee? She moved on bro, she's with me now"

"Are you sure? Last time I checked she called me and ask me to pick her up"

He looked down at dee and dropped her hand. "You Forreal?" Keith asked. She nodded. She slowly walked towards me. I smiled.

"After all I did for you dee.. crazy how you just going to switch up like that. But it's cool I don't need you" he shook his head in disbelief. He quickly walked to his car rummaging through it. I bent down kissing her then kissed her belly. The baby is growing. We got into the car getting ready to pull out of the driveway when all of a sudden we heard a gunshot. 2 of them. The bullets went through my back windows. I sped off hitting the corner then sped off into an open road. I was okay but dee wasn't. She was shot in the back. I panicked and my car started swerving almost hitting another car. I rushed to the hospital. I was screaming and crying. Shit crazy. How could Keith do some shit like this. "Stay calm dee!" I yelled. She nodded but I can see the pain in her face. We got to the hospital and stayed there for about 2 months. Dee recovered. Keith was arrested 4 weeks later. They took 4 weeks to arrest him cause apparently he left California. They found him wondering around Japan this morning. Everything was back to normal. Dee recovered, the baby ended up okay and we was a happy family again.

Months passed and de'arrea gave birth to a healthy baby girl. Her name is Mariana hazel smith. There's no need for a DNA test cause she looked exactly like me. I became a single parent. It was kind of hard for me but I got through it. De'arrea passed after giving birth to Mariana. It was very hard for me. I couldn't sleep for days I wouldn't even eat. I was heart broken. There were times that I wanted to commit suicide but I didn't cause I didn't want my baby to be put up for an adoption. I have something to live for. I became successful in life. I will always remember my first love. I was a very careful parent. I love Mariana so much and I took care of her ever since she was born but things changed drastically. It's crazy how everybody in my life is gone. I have no family. On Mariana's 5th birthday i bought her a bike. Just as I was teaching her how to ride it she wanted to do it all by herself. So I stepped back and let her. I watched her ride with NO training wheels and she was doing good. She started to speed and she no longer had control. I ran after her. "I can't stop daddy!" She said. I couldn't catch up to her.  Other people noticed and went after her as well. Nobody was able to catch her. She then made it out into the road and was hit by 3 moving cars and she was pronounced dead 4 hours later at the hospital. I was placed in rehab 2 days later. I had started doing drugs and wasn't straight ever since. I was in and out of rehab. I lose my job and became homeless for 4 years. But I started to regain myself.  I got a job. I got me a place and started doing better in life again. I put up pictures of my daughter and of de'arrea around the house. They maybe gone physically but not mentally. Rest up my loving babies.

************the end *************