Chapter 7

Zavian has basically ignored me all day today, and I'm not afraid to admitt that it bothers me. Today is Monday and all weekend long I stayed in my room not really wanting to talk to anyone. Kevin called it PMS, but it wasn't the fact that I was on my period because I wasn't, but it was because I was upset that I let myself get all rallied up about Zavian and him actually caring  about me. He called me bae and crap but that doesn't mean anything. Boys call girls that all the time. If he really cared then maybe he would have acknowledged the whole''Us'' thing. Then I was ready to try ''Us'' out, but now I could care less. Definetly just now. I just saw him up against Tammy Hill's locker talking to her when I walked by he looked and then kept talking to her. No,''Hey what's up'' or even a head nod. This just isn't registering in my mind, and it's not because I hate Tammy Hill. It's because Zavian acted like he cared, and I can't believe that I'm stressing out over him caring and not caring about me. Life goes on!!! I shake my head as I walk up to my locker. Today just hasn't been my day. First off My car-''Hey.'' I look up to see Zavian leaned up against the locker next to mine looking all cute and sexy in our uniform. He has on a white polo with cargo shorts. His backpack is hanging loosely on his shoulder. His hazel eyes shinning bright.''What?''

''I was just stopping by to say Hey. I didn't want to be rude and not speak.''

''Really?''

''Yeah.''

I laugh a not so funny laugh then say,''You must have a stick or fork stuck up your ass Zavian.''

''You're funny Genesis.''

''I wasn't trying to be.''

''I know  that's what makes you funny.''

''Shut up.'' I just can't believe him. I mean he ignores me all day then tries to act all sly on the cool. He must have lost his mind.

''I think now it's my turn to ask you what's stuck up your ass...maybe a telephone pole.It's big enough to fit up there.''

''Go talk to Tammy Zavian.'' I say with harshness.

''Naw I wanna talk to you.'' He says looking down at me.

''Get out of my face. I'm going to miss the bus.'' I have no comeback for him and his rude comment about my weight has me pissed off and nearly in tears.

''Why you fixing to cry Ma?''

I wipe my eyes quickly.''Don't call me Ma Zavian. Now move.'' I try to walk away but Zavian steps in front of me blocking my way.''Move.'' I say sternly. He doesn't move,but just stands there.

''No. Tell me why you fixing to cry, and you got a car. Why you gotta catch the bus? You lieing to me?'' His eyes are hard and I feel his hands on my arms. I don't understand him. He makes fun of my weight then ask me why I'm fixing to cry. Then has the audacity to ask if I'm lieing to him. He can't be serious. How does he go to acting like he doesn't care to caring. I don't have to answer his questions. I want to question him because he's playing with my emotions.

''I don't understand you.'' I say looking him in the eyes.

''What you talking about?'' He asks while looking around the school hallway. We're the only ones here asef  fort the janitor with his headphones on mopping the floor.

''On Saturday you act like you care about me calling my Bae and Baby, but today you ignore me and then you make fun of my weight and-'' He cuts me off by putting his finger to my lips.

''What you mean making fun of your weight?'' He asks confusion clouding those hazel eyes of his.

''About the telephone pole, you said it was big enough to fit up there.''

He shakes his head and wraps his arms around me. I try to pull away but he holds me tight to him.''Look baby I didn't mean it like that. You know I would never make fun of your weight.''

''How do I know that?'' I mumble.

''Because I care about you.'' He pulls back to look me in the eyes and I melt under his gaze. I believe him. I believe that he cares about me and right now this, this is the moment I want to remember. Me in his arms and him holding me like I'm his. I want to be his.