Chapter 29

Genesis P.O.V.

Excitement,joy,And happiness spreads through my body. We don't have AIDS! I don't have AIDS!! God is truly amazing!! I don't even recognize that I'm kissing Zavian until it's to late,and we're kissing like lovers. Him holding me against him. I miss this. I truly do,but I can't... I pull away from. He's shocked and pain shoots through his eyes as I take a step back looking at the ground. He grabs my hands trying to make me look at him.

"That was the wrong thing of me to do Zavian." My eyes blink rapidly and I shake my head, but continue In what I'm saying. "I was thinking In the spur of the moment... I'm just so happy that we don't have AIDS and that maybe there could still..." My words trail off. I can't finish the sentence not In front of him, but there's no need In me finishing the sentence. He does.

"That there could still be us huh..." His hazel eyes darken for a bit before he says. "Baby you got mixed emotions. I know I did wrong but-" he's cut off by a man coming out saying that the first draft is about to be announced. Zavian looks at me shaking his head then jogs off into the room. I should've necer kissed him, but I did and now I realize how much I miss him. He is right I do have mixed emotions. Can't make up my mind about him or us. I walk back into the room just as they announce the first draft pick. Of course it's Zavian!

Zavians P.O.V.

I walk back into the room and take my seat. Drew looks at me mouthing the words. Who was that. I mouth back nobody. The draft officially starts and I can't believe what I'm hearing coming out of owner of the Miami Heat.

"We the Miami Heat pick Zavian Carter. " The audience claps and cheers. He has a Jersey with Carter on the back with the number seven.

"Zavian before you accept this Jersey is there anything you wanna say?" He ask grinning big. I smile and walk up to the podium taking the Jersey and holding it up.

"I'm proud to be a Heat!" I yell. Everyone laughs and he pats my back. Then speaks into the microphone.

"And we're proud to have you as a Heat son." Everyone laughs again. I really didn't write a speech or anything,but I need to say something.

"First off I wanna thank my Heavenly Father Jesus Christ for blessing me to be here and giving me this opportunity to enjoy something like this. For keeping me In his arms and holding me close even when I did wrong! Thank you Lord! Second off I wanna thank my basketball team and coach. Coach D I know you're watching. I love ya man! To my team you'll always be my first team that was my family. Love all of y'all. To my family. Y'all are the best I love y'all!" I say looking around. I see Genesis standing In the back. She catches me looking and she smiles.

"Zavian you're a very handsome young man do you have a special girl In your life?" A reporter asks. I look at Genesis again.

"Actually I do. She's standing In the back." I point to her and everyone turns around to look at her. She's about to walk out but I stop her.

"Baby come up here." She wants to walk out so bad. She slowly walks down the aisle and to the podium.

"How do you feel about Zavian being the first Draft pick and going to the Heat?" She looks at me nervously, so I wrap my arm around her waist and kiss her on the cheeks.Photographers are taking pictures left and right. She smiles and answers.

Genesis P.O.V

"This is a big achievement and I'm very proud of Zavian." I say smiling. If this wasn't on live TV or the fact that this would not only embarrass Zavian but also my family. I wouldn't be up here with Zavians arm all around me. He put me right on the spot. The reporter asks another question but the owner steps in.

"That's enough questions. Zavian and Genesis a picture of the couple then Zavian with his family."

Zavian walks over to the side. Pulling me next to him as he holds up the Jersey and they take pictures. Then it's just us two. He grabs me and kisses me off guard. Pictures are taken once again. I want to pull away so bad. Not because I don't like it but because we can't be together. I'm sorry but we just can't. When it's time for his family pictures I step down. A photographer stops me but I tell him I've taken enough. I'm happy for him I really am. I just can't get back In a relationship with him. I'm afraid I'm gonna get hurt again. The thrill and trust is gone. Ok maybe the thrill is still there. His kisses still take me over the rainbow to the pot of gold,but the trust has just withered away. I sit back down at our table. My mama gives me a weird look. I shake my head and wait for the next Draft pick.

Sooooooooooo did you like?? :) relationship yes or no??? ;) welllll tell me what you think! :)