Chapter 20

Zavians P.O.V.

" Baby come on!" I yell as she walks out of the bathroom looking beautiful as always. She waves a hand through heonr hair.

"Zavian are you sure it's okay that I come?" She gets on my nerves with her worrying about everything.

"Baby it's a family reunion!"

"Exactly and I'm not family!" She narrows her eyes at me. I walk over to her and wrap my arms around her body.

"Baby you're apart of my family. You and I we are a family." I lean my head down and gently kiss her on the lips. Her eyes water and a smile appears on my face.

"Zavian that's so sweet." She stands on her tiptoes and kisses me. Licking my lips. I back away.

"Na not right now baby. You know exactly where that's gonna lead too." I smirk. She rolls her eyes then slips on some sandals. She just got her feet done. She's been trying to make everything perfect every since I told her she was gonna meet my family. I don't know why she tripping. As long as I accept her is all that matters, but you can't tell her anything. I'm happy though that her insecurities about herself has gone down just a little bit. She takes one last look in the mirror then walks towards me.

"Okay I'm ready." She says while grabbing her phone off the counter.

"Wait I gotta put on my shoes real quick."

"After you done rushed me! Hurry up foo'!" She laughs. I put on my adidas adiZero Rose 2s. She shakes her head.

"I still can't believe you payed like $200 for those. A pair of shoes!"

" Key Word though baby :YOU. As in I payed for these with my money! Ya boy has to look fresh! Plus they comfortable." She rolls her eyes and laughs.

"Come on." We walk to the car. It's gonna be about a two hour drive. The reunion is at this piece of land that my great great great great grandfather owned. It's always held there. Place holds so many memories. Genesis is looking out the window watching trees and stuff go by. A song comes on on the radio and she starts singing along. " When you need to smile but you can't afford it go and point it out I'm gonna steal it. When the floor is more familiar than the ceiling. I will break in late at night shake up how you're feeling. I'll never stop breaking the law for you. I'll never stop helping to pull you through. Whatever it takes to get what you need. Ignore the alarm ignore the police. I'll never stop breaking the law for you." She leans her head back and closes her eyes. The song ends and she sits up smiling.

"That's how I feel about you Zavian. That song right there explains my feelings for you. I'll do anything for you." There's a twinkle in her eye and I know that she's serious about what she's saying. "I love you Zavian." It touches my heart that she's saying all of this to me. I grab her hand and rub it.

"I love you too Genesis." She smiles then goes back to looking out the window. Damn she has my heart. We been together for over a year, and we've been though some deep shit, but I can honestly say that I'm in love with this girl. She's accepted me through all of my bullshit. I'd die for that girl. I can see myself marrying her too. Having her have my name. Gensis Rene Carter. Now that right there is a cold name. I like it. I don't know if we're ready for marriage though. I'm still just barely controlling my anger. What I did to her 3 Weeks ago at the hospital was fucked up of me today. I admit that. She took me back though. This is the girl my papa used to tell me about. He would say" Son when you find a girl that takes you as you are...I don't care if she's black,purple,white,yellow,Mexican,Asian,.orthe whole color of the rainbow...if she accepts you even when you treat her like trash...then you have yourself a good woman. If she makes you think deep down inside that you need to change to make her happy then... You've found your wife. Don't be tricked though." It took me forever to understand what he was talking about. Now I do. I know I'm not being tricked. All I can do is pray.

Sooooooooooooooooo... So fuhreaking sorry it took forever for me to upload. I was out of town all last week! So hopefully you like this chapter. I did. That song is like my favorite song. When I get married I wanna walk down the aisle to it :) it's called " Breaking the Law" By Emeli Sande beautiful song! But Antywhoo enough about me! Thank you everyone for reading,voting,fanning,and commenting! It all means so much to me!!! Thanks! I love y'all!!! :)