Chapter 36

Zavians P.O.V.

Mama shakes and ok's herself to sleep. I lay her on the couch and go to check on Genesis. She's sitting on the floor just crying.

"Baby what's wrong?" I ask. Laying her head on my chest.

"I've Bever really seen anyone that strung out on drugs. It just kind of shocked me."

"It's ok. I'm gonna enroll her into rehab and stuff once I sign a contract and money really starts rolling in. I'm gonna get her off the streets." I say firmly. Genesis pulls away looking at me hesitantly before she speaks.

"Zavian she doesn't wanna go...you can't force her to go. That would be a waste of money..."

"No she just doesn't understand that she needs help. The rehab will help her baby I promise." I try to pull her back into my arms but she shakes her head.

"Zavian... Listen I know you don't see it but she doesn't want help. She understands what rehab is plus she remembered you Zavian. She even remembered where you lived. She's aware of what she's doing. You can't change her heart Zavian. Number one only God can change a heart. Number two she has to make that decision to change not you." Sympathy clouds her eyes and fills her voice. She grabs my hand rubbing it softly.

"Zavian don't put her in rehab. You're gonna cause her pain. Most likely she'll leave anyway. Let her choose if she wants to go or not. Ok? " She kisses me on the lips then slowly gets up.

"I'll think about it baby. You don't understand though. So stay out of it please." I try not to be harsh with my words but they come out that way anyway. Genesis flinches but doesn't say anything. As we walk into the living room. I see that the front door is wide open and the couch where my mama was laying down on is empty.

"Fuck!!" I yell. Shaking my head. I go in my room throw on a shirt and walk out the door.

"Zavian!" Genesis yells but I keep going down the stairs.

Genesis P.O.V

He storms out the door. I know he's fixing to go look for her, and I can't stop him. He's gonna do what he wants. I sit down on the couch. Thinking about what has just gone down. His mama looked so vulnerable. I couldn't hold In my tears. It made me feel so bad to see her like that. Zavian doesn't understand at all what I'm saying. He was kinda rude , but I know that he's hurt. I know that it pains him to see her like that. I'm at fault for some of his anger to though. I should've never said what I said about the baby. He took it completely the wrong way. I'll have to talk to my mama about getting me on birth control or something. I love Zavian but I'm not trusting him when we have sex to use a condom.

He wants a baby too damn bad. Which I can't wrap my mind around why he wants a baby right now. I'm fixing to be a senior and he's playing pro . Who wants to deal with a baby. I don't understand at all. I see it this way when the time is right for us to have a baby we'll have one. I wish we were like how were before this whole fiasco, but I don't think it'll ever be that way again.