Chapter Four

After a good nights sleep at the Beaver house, the kids got up as soon as the sun rose to start their trek to find Aslan. Jasmine was a mixed of nerves and excitement from the prospect of seeing her father again. As for her it had been two months, but for her father it had been 100 years. Two months without him was horrible, so god only knows what he must be feeling like having to wait all that time to see her again.

"Come on Jasmine, keep up." Mr Beaver ushered her, seeing she was lagging behind the other three.

"I'm coming, I'm coming." She said, jogging to catch up with Peter and Lucy who were at the back. It had seemed to have become awkward between the older kids since the little moment they had last night. And for the first time ever, Jasmine felt nervous whenever Peter looked her way, and found herself watching him when he was talking to someone else. She noticed the freckles on his neck and how blonde his hair looked in the sun. She didn't know what this meant, but she could guess.

Mr Beaver and Mrs Beaver walked ahead of the kids to lead them, stopping on a cliffs edge which gave them a great view of most of Narnia. Jasmine could see the stone table in the distance, but only just. "Now, Aslan's camp is near the Stone Table." Mr Beaver explained. "Just across the frozen river."

"River?" Peter asked, his hand tightly in Lucy's.

"Oh, the River's been frozen solid for a hundred years." Mrs Beaver told them.

"It's so far." Peter said, looking over the mass land in front of them.

"It's the world, dear. Did you expect it to be small?"

"Smaller." Susan said before she walked past the group. Jasmine sighed and followed after her.

"You haven't spoken to me much since we got here." Jasmine pointed out, the Beavers going back to leading them in front.

"It's just a lot to take in, that's all." Susan told her.

"I know. I should have laid it on you a bit slower than I did."

"It's okay. It's a lot to tell anyone." Susan sent her a reassuring smile, earning a soft one back. "I saw the way you and Peter were looking at each other last night." Jasmine didn't know how to react to those words, so just put her hands in her coat pockets. Susan leaned closer to whisper. "Do you like him?"

"I don't know. Aren't we too young for that, anyway?"

"No. And besides." Susan glanced back to her brother, who quickly looked to their surroundings. Susan smirked, recognising that he had just been looking at Jasmine but tried to make it seem like he wasn't. She then looked back to the front. "I think he likes you."

Jasmine shook her head. "You're just saying that."

"I'm really not. I know my brother." Susan gave her a nudge before walking quicker ahead. Jasmine lightly smiled and decided to glance back at Peter and Lucy. She caught Peter's eyes instantly and felt her tummy go funny when he gave her a smile. She felt her cheeks warm up again so turned back to the front, quickening her steps to catch up with Susan.

"Come on, humans! While we're still young." Mr Beaver shouted to the kids.

"If he tells us to hurry one more time, I'm gonna turn him into a big, fluffy hat." Peter joked as he crouched down, allowing Lucy to jump on his back.

"Hurry up! Come on!" Mr Beaver shouted again.

"He is getting a little bossy." Lucy noted.

"No! Behind you!" Mrs Beaver pointed. The kids focus when to where she was pointing and they set eyes on what looked like a sleigh coming up behind them. The bells they heard made them certain it was a sleigh.