Epilogue

·

Fifteen Years Later
1970

The years after Lily's birth were very eventful to say the least.

The professor sadly passed away in his sleep 2 months after Lily was born, which was hard news for all of the siblings and Jasmine to take in. And of course they all attended his funeral. But what Jasmine didn't foresee was that in his will, he had left her and Peter the house he lived in for so many years. It was a big shock to them and neither of them could agree on what to do with it. Peter wanted to move there whilst Jasmine wanted to sell it. It took a bit, but they finally agreed to sell the house and use the money to buy a bigger place in London so Lily could grow up in a nicer environment than a flat above a shop. They moved into a lovely house not long after, and of course the wardrobe was the one thing they didn't sell. They moved the wardrobe into a spare room and kept it locked in case Lily ever wandered in when her age was still in single figures.

Kate and Edmund moved into the flat above the shop when the others moved out, and when Lily was two years old, they got married in a quiet ceremony in a hall. Then 7 years after their marriage, they welcomed a boy to their little family and named him Robin after Kate's late father. But the stares and people voicing their opinions only continued after their marriage, and to this day there are people not happy with their family. The couple didn't let any words get to them or drive them apart. They stayed strong, for each other and for their son.

Susan and Daniel got married a couple of years after Kate and Edmund, and also welcomed a baby boy into their family. His name was a random one that Susan picked when she blindfolded herself, flicked through a name book and pointed to one. It seemed perfect so his name became Oliver.

Lucy was on her way to getting married to a boy named Gavin that she had met at Susan's wedding. The two were scarily similar and were planning to marry in the new year.

Lily had grown and changed so much over the years, and she was now fifteen years old. Her attitude reminded Jasmine of what Edmund used to be like when he was younger, as she was a bit whiny sometimes and wasn't interested in much other than her friends and magazines. So when the family were invited to a party by Chris and Ellie, Lily's instant answer was no. And no matter what Jasmine tried, Lily's answer was always no.

"Why would I wanna go to a stuck up party by your stuck up friends?" Lily complained as she sat on her bed.

"They're not stuck up." Jasmine argued as she leaned against the doorway of the room, already dressed to attend the party.

"They so are."

"Lily, please. You should come out and have some fun for once."

"Fun with you and dad? Never happens." Lily retorted, laying on her bed and opening up a magazine.

"Fine. I'll ring Tabitha to come over and babysit you whilst we're out." Jasmine said, which did not sit well with Lily.

"What?!" The girl exclaimed, sitting up.

"Unless you do wanna come." Jasmine looked at her nicely painted nails.

"No. I can deal with 'Tabs' for one night." Lily mocked the nickname for the girl and then rested back on her bed, opening back up the magazine to read. Jasmine sighed before leaving to finish getting ready. She walked into the bedroom she shared with Peter to see him doing the buttons of his white shirt.

"Any luck?" He asked, not taking his eyes off the buttons.

"Nope." Jasmine said, plopping down on the bed and blowing air out through her lips.