Chapter Twenty Eight

·

Whilst the others were preparing themselves to find Jasmine, the girl was now tied tightly to the stone wall of the crystal room. She was still unconscious when Roic entered the room. Mad Eye was stood near the crystal, his staff tight in his hand as he thought about the information he had just learned.

"You called, sir." Roic spoke, standing near the middle of the room.

"I did. It seems the King's and Queen's of old are with us, Roic." Mad Eye told him, then glanced over at Jasmine. "Come to save their princess, it seems."

"And they will if we don't finish her off quickly."

"It's not ready, Roic. You know that."

"Why can't we just stab her and get it over with?" Roic asked, making Mad Eye come to stand right in front of the man, face to face.

"And risk that stupid flower power liquid saving her? No. We give them no chance, even if it takes longer. It is essential that they get no chances whatsoever." Mad Eye said. Roic nodded, although deep down he wanted to finish the princess once and for all. His eyes looked over Mad Eye's staff then glanced over to the Princess as she began to groan and wake up from her slumber. "Leave." Mad Eye told Roic, and the man nodded before leaving.

Jasmine went to rub her eyes but felt them being restrained back. She looked down and saw her hands shackled to the stone wall she was stood against. And the shackles were glowing.

"No use trying to get out of them, dear princess." Mad Eye spoke and Jasmine looked to the voice. "You won't get out of unbreakable chains."

"Where am I?" She asked.

"Oh, does that really matter?" He asked, then pretended to think for a second before clicking his tongue. "No. It doesn't. What matters is I've got you right where I want you. And that prophecy will never come true."

"And what is that thing?" She nodded to the crystal in the wall adjacent to her.

"I wouldn't worry about it too much, princess." He told her, walking closer to her. "The dead don't tend to remember." He chuckled and went back over to his desk. Jasmine looked to the crystal and her insides began to churn. The crystal glowed and she could feel the power radiating off it on her cheeks. She didn't need an expect to tell her how powerful it was as she could see it and feel it.

"I'm guessing that's what you used to come through to my world and take me without my father knowing."

"You guess right."

"Why? Why go through all this trouble just for me? Is the prophecy really that important to you?"

"Yes. It speaks of something you give us-" He pointed to her with his staff. "-that achieves something we don't want." He held his staff upright.

"It effects you that much?"

"Yes." He replied simply. Jasmine then looked over at Mad Eye's desk and noticed her necklace on the side, accompanied by another necklace that was beaded and had a yellow stone in the middle. He didn't seem the necklace type of guy, and it looked like it was homemade by a child.

"What's that necklace next to mine?" She found herself asking. Mad Eye quickly took the necklace out of her view and grumbled.

"None of your business."

"It doesn't look like something you'd wear."

"You know nothing about me." He told her.

"I've seen better necklaces to be honest." She said, and Mad Eye slammed his hand on the desk before going over to her and pointing his staff towards her face. Jasmine didn't shy away from the staff, instead revelling in the fact the necklace was something of a weakness for him.