Chapter Twelve

As the sun began to shine through the trees, Jasmine jumped awake from yet another dream she was having involving her father. It felt so real to her, and when she realised it wasn't as real as she thought, she took a deep breath and rubbed her eyes. She then turned onto her back and felt an arm across her belly. It was Peter's and she turned over to face him. She took this opportunity to properly look at him, and admire the man she loved. He had grown into a man within the past year, a very good looking man with his whole life back home ahead of him. A home she was starting to fall in love with. But her home was Narnia, a place ripped of everything it held whilst she was gone. She had followed this wonderful, loving, caring boy and his family because she loved them and didn't want to part from them. Whether she could do that again was up for discussion. If only her father was around to give her the answers she needed.

Her thoughts were interrupted when Peter groaned and yawned, stretching his arm out. He opened his eyes and caught Jasmine admiring him, her fingers carefully tracing shapes on his cheeks. "Hey." He smiled.

"Hey." Jasmine softly smiled, butterflies appearing in her stomach when her eyes met his blue ones. His blue eyes always memorised her and she didn't know a man better looking than Peter. "Have you ever considered growing out your beard again?" She asked, continuing to trace over his soft skin.

"I think you'll have to wait a while to see that. It didn't grow until I was over 20 last time."

"True. Your attempts were quite funny though." She said with a slight giggle. Peter bit his lip and smiled.

"Yeah, they were."

"I would like to see it though. It just depends on how this all turns out."

"You don't know whether you'll come back with us?" He asked and she nodded.

"I know you guys must go home, I just don't know if I can leave Narnia again."

"If that's the case then you can't really make a decision right now. If you need to know, you'll find out."

"You sound so calm about me possibly staying."

"This is your home, Jas. You're father's here. I wouldn't blame you for staying after everything." He told her. She scooted closer to him and cupped his face.

"But that means I'll have to lose you, and your siblings. I don't know if I can do that. We spent 15 years here and you're family to me. I don't know what I'd do without you."

"As I said, you don't have to make that decision right now. I don't even think you can. Give it time and you'll know." He reassured, placing a soft kiss on her forehead.

Jasmine was about to add something, when they heard rustling in the woods nearby. She looked around and saw Lucy was missing from her sleeping place. She sat up and nodded over to the empty spot. Peter looked and sat up, going for his shield and sword.

"Stay here in case she comes back." He told Jasmine. Jasmine nodded and let him go off into the woods.

"Sometimes your true home isn't where you were born." Trumpkin spoke aloud, almost startling Jasmine.

"You heard all that?"

"I've been awake for a while." He replied, sitting up. They then heard grunting and what sounded like swords clashing in the distance. Jasmine recognised Peter's grunts and immediately got her stuff together, and with the help of Trumpkin, they woke up the other two siblings. They followed the sounds of the clashing swords and eventually found Lucy, which lead them to find Peter. He was about to throw a rock at another boy stood in front of him, seen as he was holding Peter's sword.