Chapter Fourteen

Edmund eventually came back with the news that Miraz had agreed to the duel, which just made the whole situation worse for Jasmine. The man had murder running through his blood, so killing Peter would just be like every other day for him. A plan was set in place in case Miraz went back on the agreed terms, but the Telmarines had bigger numbers, meaning the Narnian's could only take fighting for so long until the fight would be lost. Lucy needed to find Aslan as quick as possible to give the Narnian's a chance at winning.

Susan and Lucy set off not long ago, with Caspian unknowingly following them just in case. He had taking a liking to Susan, and like everyone else, wanted her and her sister safe. And even though he wasn't on the best of terms with Peter, he liked Jasmine too.

Peter and Edmund stood in the entrance to the how, with Peter now wearing armour with his sword and shield. He tightened the grip on his shield and sighed, looking around the How.

"I know you want her to be here, Pete." Edmund spoke. "But you can understand why. I don't like the idea of going out there and potentially watching a man kill you."

"She said she would." Peter replied.

"And I'm here, aren't I?" The boys turned and saw Jasmine walking towards them, her crossbow slung across her body with her sword attached to her hip. Once again, she couldn't look at Peter, so instead looked to Edmund.

"Thanks." Peter said, and she just nodded and adjusted the crossbow's straps.

"We need to go, Peter." Edmund pointed out. And with one last look to Jasmine, Peter strolled out the how with his brother next to him. Jasmine closed her eyes and let out a deep breath before following them out, where Narnian's lined the outside of the How. Archers stood on the balcony in case of Plan B.

Miraz and his men waited by the ruins, and Jasmine could see the heavy armour Miraz was wearing, as well as the helmet one of his men held for him. He looked better suited for combat than Peter, which made her worry reach the edge. When the boys and Jasmine came to the ruins, Peter took out his sword making the Narnian's cheer. Peter took one last look at Jasmine, which she still couldn't return, before entering the ruins that would become their fighting arena.

"You're not really going to hate Peter forever, are you?" Edmund leaned over and asked Jasmine. Jasmine's face softened and she shook her head. She couldn't hate him even if she tried. "You might wanna tell him that then." Edmund nodded to Peter.

"There is still time to surrender." Miraz taunted Peter.

"Well, feel free." Peter replied as the two started circling each other.

"How many must die for the throne?"

"Just one." Peter replied, lowering his helmet before running at Miraz. Jasmine jumped when Peter's sword hit Miraz's shield, before Miraz shoved him away with his shield. Their swords clashed a couple of times, before Miraz hit Peter again with his shield, making his helmet come off. He then swiped his sword close to Peter, who leaned back to dodge, only for his chain mail underneath to drop down. His head was now exposed and Jasmine had to put her hand over her mouth whilst she watched. Then, Peter managed to kneel and swipe Miraz's leg with his sword.

Miraz then got Peter onto the floor and he stepped on his shield, making his arm twist in a way it shouldn't. Peter screamed in agony, and Jasmine had to look away for a moment. But Peter managed to fight back and get back onto his feet. The two stood apart, stumbling from the injuries they had given each other.

"Does His Highness need a respite?" Miraz asked.

"5 minutes?" Peter suggested.

"3." Miraz growled, and they both returned to their sides. Edmund got a seat for Peter to sit in and just as he was coming to take it, Caspian and Susan appeared on a horse.