Chapter Thirty Two

·

It was the morning of the day after the wedding, and Jasmine was the first to wake out of the newlyweds. She rubbed her eyes open and caught the gold band on her finger in the corner of her eye. She felt herself smile and lifted her hand in the air so she could see it properly. Her smile grew and she turned her head to see Peter, her now husband, sleeping soundly beside her. He was asleep on his back, so she turned over and scooted closer to him to wrap her arm over his body. He stirred in his sleep and she trailed kisses up his shoulder until she got to his cheek. She pecked his cheek a could of times before snuggling her face into the crook of his neck.

Peter's eyes slowly opened and when he realised what was happening, he sighed and wrapped an arm around her body and leaned his head on hers.

"Morning, your highness." Jasmine yawned, her eyes feeling heavy again.

"Morning, Queen Jasmine." He replied and moved his hand from her waist to the back of her head to caress her hair. "Was yesterday all a dream?"

"No." She said and moved to lean up on his chest. His eyes opened and saw her above him, and his heart picked up from seeing her. "You actually did marry me."

"Good. I want to get used to this." He said, his hand cupping her face.

"What?"

"Waking up and the first thing I see is my beautiful wife."

"Cheesy, I like it. But you'll only get it for a week and then it's back to living apart and just being engaged." She said sadly, resting her chin on his chest.

"It'll only be a little while. But does it really matter if we're married or not? All I care about is us being together, in whatever way that is."

"Yeah, I guess. I still want to marry you though."

"You did. Yesterday."

"You know what I mean. I want to marry you in the world we plan to live our life in. Can you really blame me for wanting that?"

"No, I can't and I'm not." He said, caressing her hair. "As soon as the opportunity arises that we can get married in my world, we will. I promise."

"I know. I'm sorry if I feel like I'm going on and on about it. You're right. Just as long as we're together, that's all that should matter." She said with a soft smile. She then scooted up to lean down and kiss Peter's lips. "I love you."

"I love you too." He whispered and kissed her again, this time deeper and turning her over so he was now above her. Jasmine smiled into the kiss and wrapped her arms around his neck. He trailed his kisses to her neck and she let out a soft moan from the contact.

"Was last night not enough for you?" She asked as his neck kissing continued.

"It was. I'm just teasing." He whispered into her ear before kissing the corner of her mouth. "I'm gonna make sure everything is ready for us to leave. You don't worry about anything, I've got it sorted." He told her, planting a kiss on her forehead before getting out of the bed.

"What are you planning?" She asked, sitting up as she watched him get some clothes from the wardrobe.

"A week away for our honeymoon." He asked as he put on a shirt. Jasmine rolled her eyes before also getting out of bed.

"I know that, idiot. I was asking about if you're planning anything specific for it." She walked over to him and crossed her arms.

"Not specifically, no. Look, after the last few days, we need a week of just doing nothing." He replied, putting on some trousers. "Any royal stuff will be done by the others. We're going to do absolutely nothing for a week. Unless you want to go for walks and stuff like that."