Chapter Nine

Not long after the kids came back from Narnia, London had became a far more safer place to live in, so the siblings went back home to their mother. Jasmine stayed with the professor, who kindly offered to home her for however long she needed. However, she found it hard to be away from Narnia yet again. She wondered everyday how Narnia was doing, and of course, what her father was up to. Having the Pevensie siblings really helped her through the tough days without him, and reassured her that she was in the right place with them.

A year went by and the siblings constantly kept in touch with Jasmine, with each sending letters of their own. Peter and Jasmine wrote as much as they could, their relationship as serious as it could be at their age. They were 18 now, which made it harder to reign back the affection that they were so open with when they were older. Peter found it even harder, as he was prepared to take the most serious step in a relationship when they were in Narnia, but now that had to be put on hold. They were still so young and were preparing to attend boarding school in London. Taking that step had to wait.

As much as Jasmine appreciated the Professors suggestion of home schooling, she wanted to stay with the Pevensie's and experience the human world with them, so got accepted into a boarding school that Susan and Lucy were to attend.

"Have you got everything with you?" The Professor asked Jasmine as they stood at the train station near his home. She was to get the train to London and meet Peter at the station. There was a few days left until they ventured to boarding school, and Jasmine couldn't wait to see the siblings again. Peter had offered she stay with them so she could go with them to catch the underground, seen as she was from a different world and had no idea of anything in London. She didn't hesitate to say yes.

"Yes. I think so." She said, looking down at her luggage and then back at the professor.

"Now, are you sure-"

"Yes, Professor. I'm sure I want to do this."

"Just making sure." He smiled. "You can come back at anytime if you don't feel it's worth it."

"I know. You better keep the wardrobe though, just in case." She said as the train began to pull in.

"Of course." He reassured, then stepped forward to wrap his arms around her.

"Thank you for everything, professor."

"Anytime, your highness." He whispered with a smirk. Jasmine rolled her eyes and gathered her luggage, giving the professor a last wave before boarding the train.

The train journey was nice and calming and allowed Jasmine to see the lovely countryside she hadn't seen much of thanks to being stuck in one place. After the second station they had stopped at, she started getting excited from getting closer and closer to London, and closer to seeing Peter and his siblings. Peter had only visited her once since he left, and he didn't tell his siblings about it. Jasmine found it quite cute to wake up to Peter pelting her window with pebbles one morning.

The train journey carried on, until finally it arrived in London. Jasmine rushed to get her things together and may have almost pushed a lady to the floor from wanting to get out so quick.

"Sorry." She said to the woman she had pushed past, then exited the train. She was a bit intimidated when she saw how many people were at the station, along with the soldiers  that were scattered everywhere. London may be safer but the war was still going on.

She slowly started walking foreword, following the signs that pointed to the exit. She scanned the station for her boyfriend, and smiled when she saw him. But when a couple moved from in front of her, it became obvious that Peter seemed to be unhappy with a random guy that looked the same age as him. In fact, he looked very angry. Jasmine's smile dropped and she brushed past passengers to get to her boyfriend.