Chapter Seven

Jasmine, Peter and Oreius waited in front of their many Narnian soldiers for Jadis to arrive. Edmund stood on a cliff behind the soldiers with Mr Beaver and the archers. Jasmine couldn't look away from the field in front of them, her hands fiddling with the reigns of her horse.

Then the White Witch appeared, holding the reigns to two polar bears that pulled the chariot she was stood in, surrounded by many of her people. Her people were probably twice the number of Narnian's that stood behind Jasmine. At the sight of Jadis, Jasmine let out a little growl, her lion side coming through.

"Don't let your anger cloud your judgement, Princess." Oreius told her.

"I won't. It's powering it." She replied, her eyes focused on Jadis.

Jadis and her people got closer and closer, and Jasmine was more than ready to fight for her people and for her father. Peter signalled with his sword for the birds to fly ahead, rocks firmly grasped in their claws. They flew over Jadis' people and dropped the rocks over them, taking out a few, but not as many as previously hoped.

"You with me?" Peter asked Oreius.

"To the death." He answered. Jasmine caught Peter's eye and she nodded to him, letting him know she was with him. Peter nodded back and raised his sword in the air. "For Narnia! And For Aslan!" He shouted. The Narnian's roared behind him and kept shouting 'For Aslan' before they sprinted ahead. Jasmine kicked her horse into a gallop, her eyes set on Jadis. She pulled her sword out and aimed it foreword, and eventually, both sides clashed in the middle.

--

Susan and Lucy seemed to have fallen asleep on Aslan's body, and when they woke up, they realised it was morning.

"We should go." Susan said to Lucy. Lucy looked down at Aslan and stroked his nose, before slowly nodding and allowing her sister to help her off the table.

"I'm so cold." Lucy complained, making Susan put her arm around her as they started to walk back to camp. The ground then suddenly shook a little, the power of the shaking pushed Lucy and Susan to the floor. They heard what sounded like stone cracking and looked back to see Aslan's body gone and the Stone Table now cracked.

"Susan!" Lucy exclaimed. They both stood up and walked back up the steps. "Where's Aslan?"

A shadow then appeared from the two stones in front of the girls. The sun shone through and revealed Aslan, alive and well, stood in the middle.

"Aslan!" They both cheered, running to him as he came down the steps to hug him tightly. He chuckled and embraced the two girls happily.

"But we saw the knife. The witch." Susan said.

"If the Witch knew the true meaning of sacrifice. She might have interpreted the Deep Magic differently." Aslan began to explain, pacing around the cracked table. "That when a willing victim who has committed no treachery is killed in a traitor's stead, the Stone Table will crack and even death itself will turn backwards." 

"But we sent the news that you're dead. Jasmine would have been the first person to know. They would have gone to war."

"We have to help them." Lucy said, pulling out her small blade. Aslan chuckled and lowered Lucy's blade with his paw.

"And we will, Lucy. Just not alone. Climb on my back. We have far to go and little time to get there." Aslan knelt down letting the girls climb on his back. "And you may want to cover your ears." Aslan warned, then let out the loudest roar he could.