Chapter Thirty One

A.N. I think the wedding deserves the longest chapter so far.

·

"Remember. We can't mention the whole baby thing, okay? Not that it'll make her remember but it's important she does not know about it. Peter too." Susan relayed to Lucy and Kate as they made their way to Jasmine's room. It was the morning now which meant it was the day of Jasmine and Peter's quickly put together wedding. The events of yesterday were remembered by all, only Peter and Jasmine remembered it differently which made it a task to talk about it if it was brought up. They couldn't risk either of the couple re-finding out about the baby they were said to have in the future.

"Yes, I know, Susan." Lucy said as they turned the corner.

"It's a real shame though." Kate added. "They've forgotten that they're going to have a child that saves Narnia like they both have done. I know it's for the importance of the prophecy, I get that. But I saw Peter's face when he got told about it. He really liked the idea, and I'm sure Jasmine did too."

"I know. But it's for them and for the future of Narnia that we keep it from them. Okay?" Susan asked in a whisper as they stopped in front of Jasmine's room.

"Okay." Lucy and Kate both answered, and Susan gave a nod before slowly opening the door to Jasmine's room. She shushed the other two when she saw Jasmine sound asleep. Lucy rolled her eyes and went over to Jasmine, shaking her awake.

"Wake up, Jas! It's your wedding day!" Lucy cheered. Jasmine groaned as she awoke and rubbed her eyes.

"Lucy." Kate warned the girl.

"Sorry, but I'm too excited. She's getting married today!"

"Alright Lucy, I get it." Jasmine said as leaned up on her arm, her eyes squinting from the bright sun coming through the window. "Please tell me there's a plan for today. As Lucy said, it is supposed to be my wedding day that I've had no time to plan for seen as I actually agreed to have it the day after he asked. I should have told him to wait a couple of days." She said as she sat up.

"And could you handle waiting a couple more days if you knew you could have it today?" Kate asked, and Jasmine shook her head.

"No."

"Then I say no more."

"Plans then?" Jasmine asked the girls, hoping one of them had an answer for her.

"Well, Peter made sure that we know you're getting married in the woods so everyone is rushing around trying to get flowers over there and seats for people to sit on. There might be a lot more people than you would like because you're also getting coronated today." Susan informed, and Jasmine smiled.

"I forgot about that. Never thought I'd get to be a Queen." She thought aloud.

"Well you are. And it's gonna be so amazing." Lucy said, sitting on the edge of Jasmine's bed. "I may have seen your crown and it's so gorgeous. I can't wait."

"Me too. It feels weird that we're actually getting married today." Jasmine said, stretching out her arms. "Especially after the last couple of days. I still wonder what the prophecy even is for them to do what they did." She craned her neck side to side, winching from a slight pain she felt. She must have slept funny. The other girls shared glances, knowing what Jasmine didn't. "And do you guys remember getting back here yesterday? Cause I don't."

"You fell asleep on the way back. It makes sense you don't remember that journey." Kate told, which was a part lie, part truth.

"Oh. Yeah, that does make sense."